Looking for HDTV Monitor with Good Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been researching, trying to find a good HDTV Monitor that puts out good video quality also, so I can hook it up to my computer and use it as a monitor also. Im specifcally looking for a cheap Digital TV. Anyone know of any? And for what to look for when buying a HDTV Digital Monitor to hook up to your computer?

you'll have trouble finding a cheap HDTV with a reasonable dot pitch that's not too small.

by Cheap I mean nothing above 2000, There are alot of decent dot pitch HDTV Monitors out there. Im trying to find out a good one that someone has actually tested on a computer. One of my friends bought one recently costed 1.6k and it didnt look that great as a monitor. Any recommendations?

What happens when you look at a 4x6 picture. It looks fine. If you scan it, and then blow up the picture, it gets a bit pixelated and blurry. Well if you're running your pc monitor at 1024x768 and plan on outputting that exact same resolution onto a 50 inch HDTV, its not going to look as good simply because you're blowing up the picture. The picture looks better on your 17 inch than on the 50 inch. I'm unaware of any video card that will output anything higher than 1024x768.

Tommyxx516 said:
What happens when you look at a 4x6 picture. It looks fine. If you scan it, and then blow up the picture, it gets a bit pixelated and blurry. Well if you're running your pc monitor at 1024x768 and plan on outputting that exact same resolution onto a 50 inch HDTV, its not going to look as good simply because you're blowing up the picture. The picture looks better on your 17 inch than on the 50 inch. I'm unaware of any video card that will output anything higher than 1024x768.

What?!

My video card is outputting 1920x1200 at the moment. You can get HDTVs with various video inputs, all the way up to DVI. If it's a truely HD TV then it will support 720x1280 and 1080I which should have 1080x1920. not all video cards will put out HDTV compatible formats and not all HDTVs will support the PC formats. You'll have to do some research online, try to Google "HTPC"

Dell 26" lcd flat screen HDtv

hey there hows it going i have a 3 mth's old dell 26" lcd flat screen HDtv for sale im asking $800.00 for it nothing wrong with it at all i just need the money have a baby on the way if you wanna see pic's let me know its costed $1300 new at dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back