Looking for laptop advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCool

Again I call upon the help of you super smart people!

So here's the deal, I'm starting college in 2 weeks (after bout a 5 year break from school) and I'm looking into laptops because I'm going to get one. I'm getting kinda frustrated mainly because its not like desktops where I can build my own good computer for fairly cheap. I know there are laptops out there that I can get for around $500 that would do everything I need it to for school, but I also want it to run games good, and its frustrating that so far from what I've found I'll have to spend another $1,000 to get that. So, here's what I've found that I'm going to go with if you super smart people can't point me to a better deal (cuz I sure can't find one).
http://www.alienware.com/Configurat...Code=PC-LT-AREA51M5550-R3&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

Its the alienware Area-51® m5550 with the following options:
With these options:
2.0ghz Core duo
Win XP Home
1GB DDR2
80GB HDD
DVD Burner
128mb ATI mobility x1400
and the vehicle ac adapter

The price here comes to $1,429. I want to know if its worth that money, or if there is something else out there just as good for a lot less and I'm just blind and can't find it.

Thanks again for all your help guys,

Tim.

Alienware is a subsidiary of DELL and lately their quality has gone to crap along with regular DELLs. I would avoid it.

I've been very pleased with my Toshiba -- ~a year only now and no problems to
speek (other than ****pit errors {aka user fumbles} )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back