Looking for new 19" LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealBlackStuff

I'm in the market for two 19" LCD monitors.
Dell seems to be making some quite good ones, for a reasonable price.
(Finally something good from Dell...).
Which particular model should I look for, based on your (recent) experience?
The monitors will be mostly used as workhorses, no gaming.

I would like to run one of them permanently on a 1024x768 resolution.
Is that possible with those Dells, or does anyone have good results at that resolution with another brand 19" LCD monitor?

PS: both must have standard Video and DVI-D connectors.

I don't know what to say... it's like.... God is asking ME for help. It's just kinda wierd. ;)

It seems Dell is making some really nice monitors these days, no doubt about it.

I recently bought my 19" LCD, and ended up going with an LG. I can't say enough good about it actually. Brilliant picture, elegant style, and low prices. I think you should have a look at some at least before deciding.

http://uk.lge.com/prodmodeldetail.d...Id=0501&modelCodeDisplay=L1950B&model=NOTHING

Don she is prettyfull.

Acer
Samsung
Viewsonic
Sony (argh)
Hyundai
Asus
Shuttle

Are also good brands for monitors

Monitors are not in my area I'm afraid. I'm still happily using CRT, and as long as it shows a picture I'm happy. All I could possibly do is post a link for a review on TomsHardware....

http://stores.tomshardware.com/sear...cd+dvi&Search=Search&page_id=37&lo_p=0&hi_p=0

http://stores.tomshardware.com/rating_getprodrev.php/masterid=5358970/id_type=masterid

...though, thinking about it for a moment, I believe a friend of mine has recently bought a 19" lcd and is very happy with it. I'll ask him when I next get hold of him if you like,

DonNagual said:
I don't know what to say... it's like.... God is asking ME for help.
Yes, I DID come down from Mount Olymp to ask you mere mortals for opinions.
I may be an upper-level creature :rolleyes: , but I still have only 2 eyes.
So any reactions from happy 19" LCD-campers are more than welcome! (especially Dell Ultrasharp users)

Well....you asked....

I'm currently running a single Dell 2005FPW (20.1" wide-screen) which is rock-solid. I DO use it for gaming, but it's useful for most other apps as well. The only hitch for you would be the resolution you want to run...not good on a wide-screen.

We do use Dell 1907FP 19"LCD's at work and they are crisp and clean....resolution good native up to 1280x1024 and both analog and DVI outputs. I would highly recommend that particular unit.

If you're looking for a different brand, Samsung also has some very nice lcd's in that size range.

BTW, I think the Dell's are currently on sale...below $300 if I'm not mistaken. Good luck and sorry for the tardiness, Your Highness. :rolleyes:

Thanks Masque, apologies gracefully accepted, although they are really not necessary.

From looking around, those Dells 1905FP/1906FP/1907FP seem to really do the trick.
I'll wait for my next Dell B2B catalogue (I'm a Dell business partner :blush: since I ordered 1 PC from them for a customer...) and then order them with the Spring rebate.
Thanks everyone!

Just paying homage Si're

Drink E-nuff of these your "** pick from list" and you'll only need one LCD.

pint.gif

1.celebrity,
2.dignitary,
3.famousness,
4.greatness,
5.illustriousness,
6.loftiness notability,
7.Eminence,
8.???

You must have heard the one about Paddy in the desert.
His throat is parched and the sun drives him nearly crazy!
Then he stumbles over something, which turns out to be some old bottle.
Paddy takes the cork off, and WHOOSH, out comes a genie.
"Thanks Paddy for letting me out of the bottle. To show my gratitude, you can have 3 wishes!" says the genie.
It does not take Paddy more than a second to ask: "I'd like a pint of Guinness that never empties!".
"Done!" says the genie and Paddy starts quenching his almighty thirst. After 8 pints, the genie asks: "And what would be your other wishes?".
Upon which Paddy answers: "I'll have two more of these, please!".

Thanks, SOcRatEs, you must have come across an even more generous genie, lol.
I 'nicked' the gif to replace my avatar, hope you don't mind!

Uhm... Running a 19" LCD on 1024x768? I don't think there's any 19" out there with that native res....

Funny thing about those genies

RBS, my Leige,
It is my pleasure! bottoms up.

And you know that genie?
Well she wasn't a "she" after all! "He" wasn't a genie either :eek:
or that generous.
The wishes I thought I made deep in the desert, were just mindfull illusions.
All I really got was __________________________________.

I'll let your reader finish this one.

pint.gif

I'm actually using a VP930B, and I LOVE it. Beautiful colours I must say.... Not sure the difference, but I'm betting its not much.

Only last night I was visiting my neighbour, and he happened to have that very Dell 1907FP permanently running at 1024x768. Absolutely stunning and most ideally suited for my purposes.

Bad thing now is I'll have to wait till September before I can buy them, as me and my family decided only 2 days ago we'll be moving to the States by the end of August. No point getting them here in Ireland as they'd have the wrong voltage.

Is this a good thing? I hope so.
Ireland is missing out it's our gain!
Hope your journey is smooth!

Thanks for the good wishes.
We'll be moving to rural Pennsylvania. The place we go to is only a speck on the map, but we have family there and it's less than an hour from New York.
We also have more relatives and friends in Michigan and Maryland, and that's all within reasonable driving range.
At least we'll have real snow (apparently lots of it) in the winter, so I can pick up skiing again.

Nice. I love skiing :D

Don't get any "real snow" around here (whatever real snow is supposed to mean :p)

Most 19" monitors have a native resolution of 1280x1024, changing it makes the image look a bit fuzzy so I would certainly advise against it. If you must have that resolution, you might get a CRT instead.

Attachments

• image-native-res-non-native-res.jpg
    image-native-res-non-native-res.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 5
You're leaving us RBS? :eek: :(
Maybe this'll change your mind
http://fiannafail.ie/index.php4
The video in question is on the right hand side, it's called Ireland-a success story. Sorry I can't link the actual video but I can't find it anywhere else, I wonder why. Whoever said sarcasm is the lowest form of wit obviously never saw this video. :haha:
Good luck with the move :wave:

Nope, it's a no-go, or is it just my computer?
Anyway did you watch it? Not as bad as your president (who shall remain nameless) but still... you've got to wonder at the mentality of people who make videos like that. Do they think we're all thick?

Hmmm I think my flash player is up to date...
SOcRatEs said:
You can right click the link and save the swf and run it on your system.
I'm converting it to avi, asf,wmv & mpeg as well.
Did you really like it that much? :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back