Looking For Oscilloscope Software/Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNGX1275

I'm looking for a program or plugin that will allow me to look at a waveform like you would with a real oscilloscope. I'd like to be able to zoom into a segment and see if that waveform changes. Currently I've found that Winamp's Tiny Fullscreen scope to be the best but there is no ability to zoom, and its fullscreen which is a minor problem. There is also "VS Oscilloscoop met VU Meter" plugin which is almost the same as the Tiny Fullscreen except its not full screen. It looks like:
scope2.jpg

Both are decent for viewing the whole thing, but I'd like to be able to zoom in and watch in realtime. Any suggestions?

Edit: Open Source and for linux/OS X is an option too. This is partially for a project we are on at work and partially for my own curiosity.

what is your data source and how much programming are you willing to do?

I built one (w/zoom) using Tcl/Tk + BLT, but it requires a digital input
(we were plotting paging in+out / time ).

Data source is going to be 24bit .wav files, and I don't really want to do much if any programming. I was hoping someone else already had done it. We are going to be purchasing a real scope pretty soon at work (and we can borrow one from another dept anytime) so there is no sense in programming one when we can just wait a bit and use the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back