looking for rubber refresher?

By raebabe ยท 7 replies
May 15, 2004
  1. When I worked at pc maintenance I used to use this stuff that was like liquid silicone in a little bottle with a brush like what you would see in nail polish. You would use it to give traction to printer rollers if they stopped picking up paper the way they were supposed to.

    I have looked all over for this product and google isn't helping. The closest thing I have found comes in a squeeze tube and that won't help when I need to brush it onto the rollers. My old soupervisor said he was looking too and he thought he'd given me some links that would help but what I was looking for wasn't there.

    Does any one know what it is that I'm looking for and where to find it so that I can have my supply girl order some?
  2. Nic

    Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,549

    Try searching google on 'Belt Dressing'. You'll get dozens of hits :=).


  4. nickslick74

    nickslick74 TS Booster Posts: 575

    I hope has found some by now since this post thread is 3 years old!


    I was just testing out the forum.
  6. nickslick74

    nickslick74 TS Booster Posts: 575

    LOL, I always get a kick out of the old posts that show up.

    Welcome to TechSpot!
  7. Tedster

    Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,002   +15

    I don't think your supply girl would appreciate used rubbers. :D

    You can get belt dressing from any auto supply store.
  8. captaincranky

    captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 12,961   +2,516

    Oh Dear.......

    And all these years I've been thinking that they're wash and wear.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...