Looking for similar product to AudioHQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1ck

I have the retail version of the Audigy gamer and the installation didn't come with the audio HQ equaliser etc program, and i'm looking for a free program with similar or better features

:grinthumb

You should be able to download it from here

If this isn't your correct region, start here

You may also find the drivers there to be newer than the ones that came with your hardware.

Wierd

I don't get it...I download the 'Updated SB Live driver pack' and the file name is Playcentre3_02_52.exe, and when i try to install it, it says i need the updated version of the SB Live driver pack...

hmm, that filename sould be something like AUDDRVPACK_L11.EXE. That is what it gave me when I chose SB audigy Gamer and WinXP as OS.

EDIT: I think I see what happened, you chose the SB Live! driver set rather than the ones for the Audigy.

UM OK
I have No hardware installed now after i installed the drivers!!! nothing is selectable, and it makes the beeping sound from my CPU

Uh oh. No i didn't and so i went to ctrl panel and uninstalled the Sb drivers, and now when I open a mp3 file it says:

Bad Directsound driver. PLease install proper drivers or select another device in configuratoin. Error Code 88780078

And when i rebooted before this error, it promted me to install something and insert my installation CD, which i did, and a lil thing came up from the corner saying the hardware might not work properly because of an error during installatoin.

Well, just remove the drivers, then reinstall them from the downloaded file. If it still doesn't work, make a note of exactly what you did and exactly what windows did. This will help us narrow down the problem, but I think Windows may be trying to install the default drivers.

Theres no hardware, it cannot detect it, how do I remove the drivers then?

btw I'm an audio newbie and I don't know much about audio drivers/hardware etc.

==edit==

ok ill reinstall audigy alltogethrt

what the heck this guy has the same name as me and the exact same computer specs...

^ ??

Yeah ok wtf are you on?

Ok neways I just reinstalled audigy all together and it gave me the playcentre and everything but now, there is no sound, I mean, the hardware is working fine and the hardware displays correctly but no sound still, I'll try to reinstall the drivers and see how it goes

wierd, the sound works right for the opening windows XP entering music, and for the shut down music, but it doesnt work for MP3s so i will try to roll back driver feature in the device manager. btw it is selected.

===roll back unsucessfiul: there was no saved driver before===

do u think i should do a system restore to earlier today? luckily i iunstalled windows media player 9 and it made a restore point this morning, will it solve me audio dilemma?

Ok before it said it was using

'SB Audio [D0000]' or something similar.

before system restore it said

'Audio [D00000]'

and after system restore it says

Emu 10Kx Audio [D0000]

? is this the problem and how should I fix it?

OK now I tried the troubleshoot and got the driver from the disk, and updated and rebooted and now it has this error again:

Bad Directsound driver. PLease install proper drivers or select another device in configuratoin. Error Code 88780078

:dead:

====FIXED=====

Ok what i did was i reinstalled the audigy and this time i selected 'no' for digital output, i think, and this time i installed the Goldmine test demo and now it works

thx 4 the help :eek:

Does your motherboard have onboard sound? If so the system might be trying to use it if it is enabled. If you have onboard sound, you can try disabling it in the BIOS if it is not already disabled.

-----------------------------------------------
BTW, Nick, I don't know what your problem with n1ck is, but his specs aren't exactly like yours:

Athlon XP: 1700+
Motherboard: AOpen AK77 Pro
Memory: PC2100 Generic 256MB DDR
Videocard :GF3 Ti200 @ 200/444
Soundcard/Speakers: Audigy Gamer / Altec Lansing AVS 500 4.1
Hard Disk(s): Generic 7200RPM 40GB
Other Drives Floppy :p
Case: AOpen with front USB

Originally posted by n1ck
====FIXED=====

Ok what i did was i reinstalled the audigy and this time i selected 'no' for digital output, i think, and this time i installed the Goldmine test demo and now it works

thx 4 the help :eek:

glad to hear you got it fixed. Hope you'll stick around.

BTW, :wave: Welcome To Techspot :wave:

y would u copy my name, if the name "Nick" is registered which u tried to use i bet why would u use "n1ck." And please don't use vulgar language young man.

Please try and refrain from making abusive comments towards each other just because you have similar names/nicks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back