Looking for updated drivers for WDM TV tuner Video Capture

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirish

Hi all,
Hi guys, this is my 1st post. I'm looking for updated drivers for an internal TV tuner card which I bought. The card can be looked at http://www.supertronindia.com/usb.html 3/4th down the page is the TV tuner card internal seen. That's the one. By using Everest this is what I've been able to glean info. about the device.

Field Value

Device Properties
Driver Description TV Capture Card WDM Video Capture
Driver Date 20/06/2002
Driver Version 1.3.2040.0
Driver Provider TV Capture Card
INF File oem23.inf
Hardware ID PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_00001131&REV_01
Location Information PCI bus 3, device 1, function 0
PCI Device Philips SAA7130HL Multimedia Capture Device

Device Resources
IRQ 21
Memory DFDFFC00-DFDFFFFF

Field Value

Device Properties
Driver Description TV Capture Card WDM TV Tuner
Driver Date 17/07/2002
Driver Version 2.0.1.2042
Driver Provider TV Capture Card
INF File oem24.inf
Hardware ID Stream\LVTVTune#PCI#VEN_1131&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_00001131&REV_01

've used 7-zip with ultra flag & uploaded both the files in one archive at rapidshare
http://rapidshare.de/files/26170253/SHIRISH.zip.html maybe somebody can analyse something.

Any advice, help would be appreciated. Thnx in advance.

Hi all,
Although I've been using Lifevideo drivers which are o.k. the drivers which are most suited are from items technology . Look here Can somebody download or get me the Items TV WDM Tuner driver & Video capture driver & the audio capture driver. Thnx in advance.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Maybe I`m missing something, but why can`t you download the drivers from the link you gave?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

o.k. Now I've another issue happening. I'm trying to uninstall the driver known as Lifeview Prime TV 30 but it's just not happening. I uninstall it then the next time when I try to install the old Philips drivers they're not installing. Now how should I uninstall it so that it isn't there in the windows database. I also took out the card physically, started windows xp, then shutdown & started again but still it rates it as a Lifeview TV card. I uninstalled almost 3-4 driver apps but still no avail. I have updated windows xp with autopatcher till April 2k6. Any ideas guys, how do I get rid of the driver & start of with a clean slate.

As well as uninstalling from add remove programmes in your control panel. Try uninstalling from your device manager as well.

Regards Howard :)

I did tht. I realized what I was doing wrong. Instead of letting it do the things when I said let me choose the driver to install then it showed me both the drivers. The Philips WDM one as well as the Lifeview one. Now I'll try with the Driverguide Toolkit2 thing. Thnx howard. Just goes to show tht sometimes we make the most silliest mistakes.

Forgive me if I seem a bit dumb. Didn`t your tv card come with a cd containing the correct drivers?

If it did, why not use that?

You said you didn`t want to use the Lifevideo drivers, although you said they did work ok.

What leads you to believe that the Lifevideo drivers are not correct?

The lifevideo drivers work o.k. I know that the Philips WDM drivers tht I've are pretty old (circa 2k2) & there 've been updates to the driver. I'm just trying to find the updates & getting nowhere. I was right tht driverguide needs money & I'm at my wits end. The problem with the lifevideo ones was tht the viewing, capturing window had become somewhere between 1/2 or 3/4th of the whole window while the original philips generic drivers the whole window is seen. I wanna update to the latest so I can view as well as capture better quality images.

Driverguide does not charge anything, unless you want to order a cd with the drivers on.

Once you`re a registered member, you can download all the drivers you want for free.

Go HERE for the registration page.

Hi howard,
I'm also registered. I've already sent u a pm. Btw I tried to search the updates through the driverguide toolkit 2.0 & it links here which is commercial. I do admit tht they do give free drivers but how to know which one is right for you :(
One of the things tht I can say about the driver is tht one of the files was written in german. If somebody tries to install they'll realize that.

Normally, you would go to your tv card manufacturers website for drivers or driver updates. Check HERE.

If the Lifevideo drivers work ok, why not just save yourself the hassle and stick with them? Just because the drivers are pretty old doesn`t necessarily mean you have to try and upgade them.

I`ve read your pm and I cannot help you with that I`m afraid

Besides, you`re already a registered member of Driverguide.

I don`t know what else I can say really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back