Looking to buy seagate pocket hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Can anyone tell me anything about the Seagate pocket hard drive . I'm looking to buy the 2.5 GB hard drive the Seagate offers. I know Seagate is a reputable business but is there another type of pocket hard drive that you feel is better for the money. Right now the price for this thing is in the $70 range ended by one of acted sooner I could've gotten it for under $70. Can you tell me is there something better for the price?

Seagate pocket drives are good but they are not really cost effective comapred to what you can put together yourself. the seagate (and Other) pocket drives are only 4-6gb in size. they are also only about 4800RPM.

in contrast you can guy a 40GB laptop hard drive with an 8Mb cache and 5400 RPM for around 60.00 and a USB 2.0 slim line enclosure for around 10-17 bucks (it is only slightly larger than the Seagate pocket drive.)

so for 70-80 bucks yuo can have a FAST, LARGE compact portable storage device instead of a compact, slow, limited space portable storage device.

you can find all you need at Newegg. and I highly recommend the samsung 40GB 8mb laptop drive.

Is there a place where I can go and learn how to make a hard drive you are referring to? Will it be USB or IEEE? Thanks for any help you can give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back