Loopy graphics driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlno1

Hi everyone,

My old Leadtec Geforce TI4600 died recently and I've replaced it with a Gigabyte 7600 GS.

I'm having all sorts of problems installing the new drivers. If I use the installation disc I get 'Invalid Data' at the end of the installation.
If I download the latest drivers and install them, when my PC reboots it's as if nothing has been installed and my pc prompts me to go through the same installation routine?!

I removed all the old drivers before hand. I had heard of some issue with old Leadtec products and registry security settings - not sure if that's the issue.

My motherboard is an Asus a7v8x with a via kt400 chipset.

Any ideas chaps?

Thanks in advance.

rlno1 said:
Hi everyone,

My old Leadtec Geforce TI4600 died recently and I've replaced it with a Gigabyte 7600 GS.

I'm having all sorts of problems installing the new drivers. If I use the installation disc I get 'Invalid Data' at the end of the installation.
If I download the latest drivers and install them, when my PC reboots it's as if nothing has been installed and my pc prompts me to go through the same installation routine?!

I removed all the old drivers before hand. I had heard of some issue with old Leadtec products and registry security settings - not sure if that's the issue.

My motherboard is an Asus a7v8x with a via kt400 chipset.

Any ideas chaps?

Thanks in advance.

Make sure you have a sufficient power supply. That's a big difference in cards (like GM to Mercedes)(Not to badmouth GM or anything)

lplover2k said:
how much power does it needs??

It should say on the box it came in. I'm not sure offhand. Probably between 300-450watts.

Sussed!!!

I finally found the issue and it was to do with an old installation of a Leadtek graphics card.

Basically I had to go to the following folder in my registry:

HLEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/system/currentcontrolset/enum/pci

and set the permissions to all the VEN_??? files to allow full control to everyone.

As soon as I did this the Graphics Drivers installed without a hitch!

Phew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back