Lord of the Rings crashes after splash screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kr4zY kOr3aN

I just bought Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth II ( not expansion pack) and the game seems to crash after the splash screen. I read all the FAQ's on the EA site and nothing works. I need help!!! I dont know what the hek I am supposed to do. This is the info on my computer.

Model: VGN-AR270G from Sony Vaio
Operation System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Memory: 2046 MB RAM or 2GB RAM
BIOS: Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 @2.33 GHz (2 CPUs)
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce Go 7600
Sound Card: SigmaTel Audio
Screen Resolution Currently: 1400 x 900 (32 bit)(60 Hz)

I can run these games with no trouble at all:
CS, DOD, HLDM, CS Source, DOD Source, HL2DM, C&C Generals.

Edit: Please use proper threads titles from now on. Thanks.

Well.. To be honest the games you listed dont really need any high-end graphics card to run them... Actualy, People can run them with crap integrated cards :haha:

Also LOTR: Battle for middle earth needs really good system to play it... Check out my topic about this kind of question ;)

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic61153.html

If you pass with Recommended then it's probably the game itself being craped out but if you go below the recommended ( minimum ) upgrade to the specific stuff it says like Graphics cards, RAM or something else... If you fail completely upgrade your system or you wont ever be able to play it :'(

Hope I helped :D

Also... Welcome to Techspot!

Yeah I tried everything EA support told me to and nothing... If i try installing it on my desktop, it will destroy it.. lol, my desktop is sony vaio too but it has a gma not an actual video card so idk...

Oh it's a integrated videocard? That changes everything... It doesnt matter if you pass with a integrated card because it's not the same as a real videocard, You see videocards have this Shader that allows graphics to be displayed correctly and look good at the same time so if you have integrated ( usualy doesnt have nothing so it's just there so you can see picture on your computer )
It wont be able to play high-end games like that without it crashing frequently

Hope you could understand what I said :D

I understand what you said. I am talking about my laptop if you didnt know b/c it seemed like you were talking about my desktop. My desktop has integrated and I didnt know and I tried installing LOTR onto my desktop and it slowed the whole thing down. My laptop it passed because it has an actual video card and the shader thing so I have no clue what is going on... So confusing!

Ohhh it's a laptop! Sorry thought you were talking about a desktop :haha:

What you should do since you only bought it about 2-3 days ago ( right? ) is take it back to the place you bought it and get another one to see if it was the CD since you cant install it on the Desktop because it will :hotouch:

No gamestop will return it ( well they did for me because im always there buying games and helping them sell good games to customers who dont know what they are doing ;) ) as long as you have the receit & havent blown up the CD with C4 then throw it off a mountain in colorado then you get a big M60 to waste 89765431 bullets on it then say "It was broken when I got home" :haha:

Sorry for the random stuff I say :D

i am going to attempt to install it on desktop and see if its the cd... it works on the desktop for like a day on med detail but then it stops working and my desktop loses speed in almost everything... we'll see....

You throw the box away?

Well for the receipt you can still return it and get sortof a Store credit thing then just buy a new game LOTR:BFME with the credit

Full store credit ( same price as the game ) as long as you havent done what I was talking about "Shooting it with a m60" ;)

Also I can Download MSN messenger if you would like?
Private message me your MSN so you dont get randomly people talking to you :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back