Lose internet after a few hours with wireless router

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently connected a Linksys wireless Router to my DSL internet with Windows XP. I have a desktop wired direclty to the router and a laptop that use the wireless connection. I can access the internet for about 4 hours before the internet is lost on both the desktop and laptop. I can't gain access again, on either computers, unless I remove the router, wire the modem directly to the desktop, and restart everything. Then, I can go through the router install process again to get the wireless connection for another four hours. What can I do to so I don't have to reinstall the router everyday?

First, upgrade to the latest router firmware.
Second, next time you get disconnected, take a look at the router status page and see what is the problem or if the router itself has crashed.

Nothing unusual about router crashes. When it still keeps kicking the bucket after a firmware upgrade, try disabling all kinds of services on the router like packet filtering, upnp, dhcp, etc.

I tried all those things and it worked great for about 4 or 5 days. Then it went back to the same problem. I can't even get the internet. It shows that I'm connected through the wireless modem and I can get Windows Updates, but I can't get on the internet or through messanger services. What should I try now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back