Loss of game sound online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi people im new to this but please help if you can,,,,,,
i recently bought a new pc for gameing it has a intel core 6420 2046 mb with a radeon xl650 and is operated by windows vista having bought call of duty 4 and battlefield 2142 i have become a regular online gamer since christmas which is when my problem started.. it was working great untill i let my nephew play which is when the sound stopped working ????? he says all he did was stream musich whilst playing and since ive had no online sound when playing. with c.o.d the sound works when playing one player but with battlefield being a online game i have no sound at all. it must have something to do with him listening to music whilst playing but it is battering my head to find and sort the problem been through everything i know and i carnt find any faults?????? please help or try and point me into the direction to sort it. i have tried uninstalling the game but still have no sound when on line i await your reply thanks mike liverpool uk !

This not a nephew issue, just normal Windows !

Try System Restore to a date when all was OK (yesterday?)

hi ther thanx for your reply, but for some reason it wont allow me to system restore ive even tried to manually create one it just aint happening ? any ideas to what the exact problem is ?

Hmm system restore must be turned off

I think at this point you should first scan for virus/and malware
And then backup

You can run a Repair on Windows using your Windows disc(not restore disc), which will put everything back to normal

This process does not remove data, but it is better to be safe than sorry
Also you may need to load 3rd party drivers again (but usually not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back