Loss of internet connection with OE 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I would be glad if anybody can suggest why I keep losing my internet conection whenever I open OE 6.0 ? It is configured to receive my yahoo mail only. Funnily enough when you open OE 6 it downloads any mail from yahoo and then you lose the conection. It has only just started doing this but is a real nuisance as I hate having to go to yahoo all the time to read/send mail !! I have WinXP Sp1 and have downloaded all the updates. I have also unchecked the 'connections' tab in the account properties as somebody has already suggested. I am at a loss to think what else it could be that is causing this ! I recently installed Norton internet security 2006 and OE 6 was fine afterwards so dont think it is the firewall either ??

Any help gladly appreciated !!!

Dean

You can set OE to DISconnect after downloading messages. UNcheck that and your problem should be solved.
I don't have that crap installed on my PC, so I can't give you specifics.

It's on the connections tab under dialup.

When you hit the send and recieve button, what connection does it say it's using?

IE 6.0 no longer disconnects from the internet so that bit worked but still cant send email although it will download email received at yahoo !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back