Lost dell inspirion 6000 drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzz617

Last night i reformatted my friends 6000 inspiron laptop with a disc that i have from dell. In the process he lost his wifi and internet drivers as well as who knows what other drivers. While looking in the device manager i saw that the ethernet driver was installed but while plugging in the ethernet cable it would not optain an ip. Using run-cmd, it still would not perform the ipconfig function.

Long story short, anyone know where i can find the inspirion 6000 drivers @?? I looked @ dell's website and could not find anything helpful.

It would be greatly appreciated. :)

Usual order:

Chipset
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card (LAN)

Since you are having some decision issues, the Manual would be a good thing to have also.

:)

Lol if it was my laptop this thread would not be here. Isn't there a way i can get ahold of the manual?

Couldn't find the info on the Dell site??

Myzz617 said:
I looked @ dell's website and could not find anything helpful.
Myzz617 said:
Lol if it was my laptop this thread would not be here. Isn't there a way i can get ahold of the manual?
:knock:
You need to take a closer look at the Dell website! :)

1. Go to www.dell.com Click on "Support and Help" (blue circle with white question mark in it) about half-way down and towards the right
  2. On the Support/Help page you can click on either
    • Drivers and Downloads, or
    • Manuals
    Enter Inspiron 6000 and voila you have all the drivers as well as the manuals.
  3. To determine which drivers, you just need to know all the hardware components. You can either
    • Enter Run->msinfo32. It may take a short while (maybe 30 seconds) for something to popup but you'll now have detailed info on the system. Look under Components. Or,
    • Google "PC Wizard" to find PC Wizard 2007 (from a different computer as sounds like network interfaces are down). Save the install file and move it to the Inspiron. Install and let PC Wizard identify all the hardware components

Good looking out..Will get back if this works :D

But i still hate Dell even tho i just got my free desktop lmao :)

You hate Dell without an apparent valid reason. Since all the info and updates are available on the Dell site, and all you need is your Service Tag number or model number, are they not providing what is expected?

You should have a Service Tag number sticker somewhere on the laptop. If not, look in the BIOS.

raybay said:
You hate Dell without an apparent valid reason. ?

Dell is Over-rated! where is Carrot top? Th guy who used to promote dells..dude ur getting a dell...hes on the juice (Steriods)

Dell promotes all this special hardware, but in all actuality they suck. I have heard many people complain about their customer service. Working in I.T i have noticed that Dell's are hard to come by.

I just dont like dell...their stuff is cheap...this is not my laptop. The product key is on it still. The service tag is on it as well. The re-building process was tougher then any PC i have rebuilt. Took about 2hours for it to complete. But I just need the drivers. Will update ASAP on that status...

I think lookinaround has provided me with the best concrete answer...New comer schooling another one... i like that..Thanks! :q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back