Lost for good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 70 gig hard drive that had all my pics and stuff on it. I went to partition it and the program partition magic froze so i exited it and when i restarted my computer it does not show up in the my computer files and when i go to partition magic says bad in its spot.

With just a bit of luck and a decent recovery program like Acronis, Ontrack, HandyRecovery, ZAR, QueTek, Cimaware, and 87 others, you can install your questionable hard drive in another desktop with the good drive jumpered as Master and the one with missing files and folders jumpered as Slave... and recovery anything that has not been overwritten.... so do NOT use that drive for anything until you attempt recovery.

You can also usually find the missing folders with regular tricks and use drag and drop to copy everything... Just be patient, and do the work while well rested and over the stress of the loss.
We rescue data for clients nearly every day, and it takes very little special expertise unless the data has been over written.

Now just remember to take frequent backups. All it takes is one mistake to remember to back stuff up often.

Glad you got yourself all sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back