Lost Text In Web Page. Can I recover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZILDJMAN67

To my own stupidity I was writing a paper inside an active web page. I had saved the text to the clipboard, but inadvertently copied over it. Then in what amounts to even greater stupidity I hit the back button in IE and lost all the text in the previous window. My question is, if I have not closed IE since this happened, is there anyway to recover the text? Does it reside somewhere in memory, temp file, cookie etc? I have tried going back through IE history etc but when the same window appears the text is missing. I know it's a long shot but I have to try....

As far as I`m aware, you`ve lost it for good. :(

I know it`s a bit late now, but the Windows clipboard is very limited. I recommend you use the DzSoft Paste & Save, it can hold mulitple clipboard entries and won`t lose them.

I do a heck of a lot of copy and pasting and find the above programme very handy.

Regards Howard :)

You won't be able to do a search on your system because technically, it's not on your system,

When you say " I had saved the text to the clipboard,"- what does that mean> Normally when one Saves, it's when you choose where to 'Save In' and give the file a name. If you did that, then you should be able to recover the file.

As mentioned, the Windows clipboard only holds one copy, then overwrites. If you have Word> open Word> Edit> Office Clipboard> you will then see the copy icon in the Notification area. Each time you 'copy', a sheet of 'paper' passes over it. You scan copy up to 26 times on the Office clipboard, then paste into a document as you want.

Thanks for the help! I knew what I wrote was lost but had to give it a try and check what the experts had to say... Although I did install that Dzsoft Paste and just wish I had known about it sooner, it's great!

The name of the game is 'back up, back up, back up. Even when you're writing a document you should do intermittent saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back