LoTR Two Towers

poertner_1274

I just got done watching this movie and I must say that it was quite a bit better than the first one. I can say that this is going to be one hell of a trilogy. The quality and the way things were done was magnificent.

I encourage you all to go to the theatres and watch it.
Not just on your computer if you are into that thing, I am sure that won't do it justice.

A few friends of mine are going to see it on Friday...I would go but what I do after school is more important to me ;)

I'll probably see it 'soon as it comes to our local theater, which, because it's a level 2 (as opposed to 1 for normal, big theaters, and 3 for tiny, middle of nowhere theaters) theater, won't be too long! I certainly can't wait, as I really liked the first movie.

Yes the first movie was very good, but this one is just that much better. It is a lot more action and sweet sweet graphics.

I was surprised it came to our little wimpy theatre on the first day as well, but I didn't complain.

The line for it was about 200 people long, but luckily I had friends go early to wait in line to get tickets.

OMG !!! Someone's hacked into Mic's account & is using it to talk d00dspeak !!!!

I'm going to see it tomorow in one of Brussels' biggest theatres. I took a subscription this month which allows me to see as many movies as I want for 15€ a month. The only problem is that it's a yearly contract. Heck I might even do a few movie reviews that I'll post here.;)

[size=3]Look out for Didou's weekly movie review starting in January !!![/size]
[size=1]Popcorn not included...[/size]

I might get it on VCD...my computer teacher got it. I'm watching it up on the projector now...looks pretty good but it's halfway into it. They're arguing in the place w/ the pedestal and all the chairs around it...

Originally posted by Vehementi
I might get it on VCD...my computer teacher got it. I'm watching it up on the projector now...looks pretty good but it's halfway into it. They're arguing in the place w/ the pedestal and all the chairs around it...

:haha: It's actually the original...lol

Whatever you do, don't watch this on a (s)vcd/divx first!!!!

It will in no way do it justice! I just came back from watching it, and.. OMG! It's just great!

Watch it in a THX cinema, and be blown away!!

Now, I'm just hoping it'll be released on DVD 1st of jan 2003, so I can watch it whenever I want to!

.02$

I am glad others thought it was as incredible as I did. I couldn't believe I was actually in a theatre watching it, but it was phenomenal.

I definately look forward to seeing the Return of the King next.

W00TEH!!!!

I just saw it today...

Words are too small...

It's very effective to watch the first one the night before you watch the 2nd one, as I did...

:eek:...

:haha: "Stupid, fat hobbit!"...

:D Everyone should see this...

i saw it monday night

my sister works at the local AMC movie theatre so i got to go to the employee sneak on monday. only got 2 hours of sleep cuz i have to wake up at 6 for school :(

Very good movie - yes it was better than the first.

3h19mins is a long time, but it was worth it, especially for the amazing battle scenes...woah :eek:

I just saw it. I'll say its good, but I have a few concerns. For those that have read the book (I've only read fellowship and the hobbit).
Is there supposed to be that much comedy? I can take some of the little things like Gandalf winking when he brought his staff in. And I can even take gollum and smeegle's disputes (because that seems like an important part). But I didn't like the "cute" little crap they did with Gimli just before and during the big fight, unless that is in the book I think it takes away the feeling of how important of a battle it is. ex. Gimli asking about him getting a better spot, and then the part where Legolas asks if he should get him a box, and I didn't like them counting how many they had killed.
Now all of that may have been in the book and if it is then I give it a 5 out of 5, but if that isn't in the book then I give it a 4 out of 5 just because they could have done without trying to draw in another potential audience with humor. Anyone remember Star Wars ep1? :p

They are all lined up on the wall to fight the orcs and Gimli is placed amoungst the elves, they can all see over the wall, he can't, and he says something about it. During that scene I was thinking "What the hell is an undermanned army doing placing an arguably expierenced fighter behind a wall that is taller than him, surely they could have found somewhere to place him where he'd do good.
Then just as the orcs attack Legolas and Gimili are talking about somethign and Legolas says something similar to"... or would you rather me get you a box?".
Then in another scene Gimili says "Legolas, I've got 2 already!" to which legolas replys something similar to "Good for you!, I've already got 18 {breif pause while he kills someone}, 19!, {another pause}, 20!"

Thats what I meant, that stuff seemed to be aimed at little girls (who - correct me if I'm wrong - but generally do not enjoy fantasy novels with the depth of plot of LOTR (as much as boys and men)).

Originally posted by SNGX1275
Then in another scene Gimili says "Legolas, I've got 2 already!" to which legolas replys something similar to "Good for you!, I've already got 18 {breif pause while he kills someone}, 19!, {another pause}, 20!"
That's in the book, I'm not 100% sure about the other ones.

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli
That's in the book, I'm not 100% sure about the other ones.

They made Gimli a bit more comical than he was in the book, but not much... Gimli and Legolas has a little rivalry when it comes to who kills the most orcs...

And I seem to recall that Gimli was indeed on the "catwalk" in the book...
And it does make sense when thinking strategy... You need someone to defend the archers when the ladders/siege engines does their thing...

Personally I lmao at some of Gimli's comments...

Especially the part where he says to Aragorn "Toss me!".
Since he said to Aragorn "Nobody tosses a dwarf!" when they were in Moria (FOTR)...

I don't think it devalues the movie just because they've added a bit more comedy.... They've also had to remove quite a lot of the comedy from the books :( (It just didn't translate properly to the silverscreen)

As for Gollum, yes that was (more or less) in the book... They've had to rewrite some of it, as it was spaced further apart than in the movie... But they captured the essence of it imo...

Saw it last friday, alas the projection has no idea what focus is so the movie kept becoming blurry :( I probably liked it as much as the first though it felt like some of the characters changed too much from the first to be honest, well Gimli at least I don't recall saying anything that wasn't part of a joke & felt a bit odd seeing that all the Orcs were now talking whereas before the only thing they said was - Find the halfings & Sauron (Or Saraman). That seemed wierd.

Gollum was great though & I hope on the Extended DVD (For I've not read the books) they actually go into what his "sad story" is, supposedly the extended DVD will have more gollum/sam/frodo, more treebeard & I forget what else.

Originally posted by TS | Thomas
Gollum was great though & I hope on the Extended DVD (For I've not read the books) they actually go into what his "sad story" is, supposedly the extended DVD will have more gollum/sam/frodo, more treebeard & I forget what else.

I doubt you'll get all of his sad story... It's quite long, and was explained in FOTR (the book)... But you should get a better idea of what has happened to him though :)

I seriously hope we'll get more of Trebeard! In the book his part is quite long, and I'd love to see more of it...

Yes, I was quite upset that there was nothing in the movie about ent wives and other such things. I hope that in the extended version they add more about that and other details that were left out. Of course, if they were to put all the detail in the book into a movie it would last about 10 or 12 hours. Can you imagine 36 hours of LOTR straight? ahhhh, so nice. But yes, very good, seen it 3 times already. Now if I can just be patient enough for the extended version so I don't have two copies....I doubt it.

Saw it yesterday...

I really liked it, though, like what has already been said; seeing the first movie the day before would be good so as to have a fresh memory of it (I didn't...)

Originally posted by TS | Thomas
Saw it last friday, alas the projection has no idea what focus is so the movie kept becoming blurry :( I probably liked it as much as the first though it felt like some of the characters changed too much from the first to be honest, well Gimli at least I don't recall saying anything that wasn't part of a joke & felt a bit odd seeing that all the Orcs were now talking whereas before the only thing they said was - Find the halfings & Sauron (Or Saraman). That seemed wierd.

You don't have a script for the 3rd movie do you? ;)
[size=1]Get it? He would just need the book[/size]

Back