Lots o' noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjmagnum

Normally whenever my computer fans start to get louder i just use compressed air and spray out all dust and normally it fixes the problem, i think, but lately my computer has been getting louder. Is this something i can fix?

Does it sound like a rattling? If so, this means that your bearings are loose. Usually this means you go out and get some new fans. Do you know which fan is the loudest?

OR

Is it that it just sounds like they are spinning really fast?

Another hardware component could be clogged with dust to the point that it is overheating, and the fans are overcompensating to deal with the threat.

Or, your lube could have worn out. Either way.

Sorry to sound like a worn out vinyl record, but did you try checking for spyware? I recommend the following:

• Ad-Aware 2007
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    AVG Anti-Spyware

Sorry everyone but spyware is my #1 service call with my business!! It can cause all kinds of different problems.

The new version those products (excepting AVG) are terrible. There's no User Control Panel whatsoever, and it tries to automate itself and fails miserably. If you're going that way, I'd say get an older version from Filefront or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back