Loud High-Pitched Beep Upon Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeM076

Recently I have encountered a problem with my computer where everytime I press the "Power" button, it makes a very high-pitched beeping noise,(very annoying). I opened my computer and everything seems to be running fine. The green power light is on, on the motherboard, my CPU and other fans are spinning fine.
- Also, I'm embarrassed to not know this but, is the graphics card fan supposed to be spinning all the time, or just when it gets to a certain degree point? If it is supposed to be spinning all the time, then it's not working.

*Is this a beep code, because I have not yet found something from American Megatrends that fits this description.

BIOS = American Megatrends
GPU = Nvidia 8800GTX
CPU = Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
MB = Asus P5N32-SLI SE

Woops sorry. Actually it is running fine, it just takes a few moments to start up. :) But now that that's not the problem, what could possibly cause the sound? I still can't seem to find the right beep code that matches the sound. It is just one looooooong beep that never goes away until you kill the power.

A continuous Beep usually means, No Power, Loose Card, or a Short. Open the case and check everything is seated and connected properly.

Regards Howard :)

Also make sure there isnt a mobo spacer in the wrong place as that can cause a short.

Ok I figured out what was causing that annoying beep. I didn't have the auxiliary plug, plugged into my computer. I forgot that I needed that extra component to properly start my computer.
-Thanks for all of the help! :)

Ok well now that the beeping problem has been fixed, there is another problem. :( When my computer does the Power On Self Test, it repeats it twice and then stops at a black screen with a blinking "cursor indicator", AKA "blinking horizontal line." When it gets here nothing happens and the computer does not startup. I was trying to read the results of the POST and I didn't see any failures. I'm not sure what to do at this point. If someone has any knowledge on this topic, please feel free to post your suggestions. :)

- There is one BIOS beep which is the normal one that I always here upon boot and the POST seems to go the same as it always has done, except for the second run-through.

I already have and my BIOS beep is normal anyway.

- I've looked in my Asus manual and I have not yet found instructions on clearing the CMOS battery. What will clearing the battery do if I decide to take this route to try to fix my problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back