Low bandwidth version/option of forums?

lokem

Hi all,

I was wondering if there's an option to change the forum's L&F to that of a low bandwidth version. Perhaps less graphics and simpler layout. Not sure whether vBulletin supports that or not, but just a thought.

TIA.

The only option I can see that might help is to switch off user avatars and display tagged images as hyperlinks.
Don't think there is an official low bandwidth option. Unless a Vb administrative option can enable such an option.

Thanks, but I've enabled that a few days ago. It's just not as low bandwidth as I'd like it to be ;)

The only thing that can cure that is to get a faster connection :haha:
Just kidding, I think that option would be helpful to quite a few users.

A Low bandwidth option would be useful so I could continue with the 3DS Word association game. At home on my 56k, within the time it takes me to refresh and then post, 3 other people have posted. :) Okay slight exaggeration, but when your used to 256k at my local cafe, and 10Mbit (or something) at college 56 is just plain ol slow.

mwah ha ha.... (sneaky little mind thinking of how to mess with some people... j/k)

LNCPapa

I've had good results by tweaking browsers. By setting memory cache to 384M it doesn't feel so slow. I've had this modem connection for about 8 years now so I'm quite used to this. On Thursdays I use 1M ADSL line for about 2 hours (not in home)..

I only have 56k available here and I can't complain, at least not about the forums, I think the problem you are having is going from a fast connection to 56k... that'd got to be one of the worst sensations ever.

I have 28k at home, and it loads fine for me (considering...:dead: )
I don't see what you people's problems are :p
Even when I'm downloading stuff...

I would kill for 56k :mad:

Back