Low Budget Mobo UpGrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

eijmaster

I'm currently looking for a mobo to replace my MS-6378X-L. The main reason for the upgrade is an AGP slot (I have a Radeon 9200 128mb AGP 8X laying around). My goal is to find a mobo compatible to my current CPU + Memory. Money is very tight right now so I can't afford new RAM ect. but I love FPS games!:D

Current setup:

32IN LCD WESTINGHOUSE
AMD Athlon XP 1700+ (OC'D 2000+)
MS-6378X-L
PC-133 SDRAM 512MB (OC'D 150)
ATI DIAMOND PCI 9250 256MB

Any links or suggestions will be much appreciated!

Where in the world are you?

Its no good us giving you links unless we know what currency you wish to use!

Here is a board that will work with your card, BUT, you'll have to upgrade your ram. Dude they dont even sell that ram anymore or make motherboards that support it.

-United States
-I found many boards that fit my request, but with upgraded RAM. I don't want to upgrade my memory unless I have to ($$).

I think he said that he found alot of good AGP boards but he doesn't want to upgrade his RAM i guess cause it costs money...Mind telling your budget?

^^^ exactly. $50 for the mobo and (if I have to) $30 for a 512mb RAM chip. Basically as cheap as possible. This is just a temp setup until my next desktop build.

ok so if you already found the mobo(s), what's the dog on problem. Because if you know your ram is pc 133 or w/e it is than you know to look for mobos with pc133 right, common sense factor.

I only have found mobo's that require DDR memory. I can't use my current memory with "those" mobo's. I've been searching myself and haven't had any luck. I was hoping someone else on this forum would have some luck finding one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back