Low FPS for no apparent reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few months ago I realized that my FPS in some games began to drop drastically. It was just recently that I decided to play Half-Life 2 again and found that my FPS was around 10-14. I had also noticed the FPS drop in World of Warcraft where I started to get 3-15 FPS. I began to think and though that my problem was just a GFX Card going bad. So I bought a new Realtek A400 Geforce 6800GT. I pop in the new card. Did not help in the slightest. At this point I am about like this little guy ---> :hotouch:. I then think that maybe it's time for more RAM. So I buy another 512 stick and pop it in to make 1G of RAM. No dice. Now I am like :hotbounce:. My cousin says he has the same problem, where Windows runs fine, but when a game loads it seems to load into a bad spot on the stick. So I take out my old stick and leave only my new stick. Doesn't help. So then I feared that the Virus' had gotten me so I took the drastic route and formatted both of my HD's and started from scratch. All new drivers and updates were installed...and still. Not working. So at this point I am punching pillows and getting snappy. Here is what my system looks like and maybe if you find somthing that seems to be a weakspot, or some other part that gradually dies...please inform me.

My System:
Mobo: MSI 865PE Neo2-PS (MS-6728 v2.0)
Processor: Intel Pentium 4E 2.8MHz (3.5 x 800)
RAM: Dual 512 PC2700 333MHz
Video Card: Realtek A400 Geforce 6800GT

Funny thing is, all the online benchmark type tests I take say my computer is perfectly capable of running the games I was talking about.

PS: The HD that my Windows info is on is alittle old...If that was wearing out could it cause problems with games??? :dead:

Hello and welcome to techspot :wave: :wave:

Gsus6677 said:
PS: The HD that my Windows info is on is alittle old...If that was wearing out could it cause problems with games??? :dead:

this could be the problem, inbetween do u have any RAM optimization software running in the system.

PS: also please do search the foreum there are lot of similar post with lot better answers, please dop check. :grinthumb

Hey im having the same problem but only when im playing World of warcraft. I was using a Radeon 9600xt and i was running wow perfectly but recently my fps went low for no reasons. i thought my video card was broken or something so i bought a new graphic card(NX7600GS geforce 7 (agp)) and my problem was still there i updated my drivers took all the windows updates and i have the lastest direct X. I thought the new card i bought was broken too so i had a refund and i bought a N6800GT today and i still have the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back