Low Fps With A Better Graphics Card????

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurryman

well i got a new AGP 512mb x1650 pro but im getting lower fps in my counter strike source before on my old card which was ati 9250 i got about 30-40 but now i get 10-30. btw i had to get a new PSU which is 400watt i did a new install of vista and latest Catalyst driveer and program i also tried the card with xp still no diffrence.

system specs:
intel p4 2.8
1.2gb ram
2 hhd 160/80
x1650 pro

and my mate he has a ati 1600pro, the downgraded version of mine and he still got better performance in Fps then me

kurryman said:
well i got a new AGP 512mb x1650 pro but im getting lower fps in my counter strike source before on my old card which was ati 9250 i got about 30-40 but now i get 10-30. btw i had to get a new PSU which is 400watt i did a new install of vista and latest Catalyst driveer and program i also tried the card with xp still no diffrence.

system specs:
intel p4 2.8
1.2gb ram
2 hhd 160/80
x1650 pro

3 possible issues?
1.What does new install of Vista mean? Clean, re-install, all drivers re-installed after the "new install"?
2.Both of you using the same Catalyst version?
3.PSU-how many amps on the 12v combined?

Also, you definately need more ram. I have 3GB and Vista uses 1535mb for graphics.

1. clean install of vista
2.yeah 7.7
3. i dont know

and my mate he has only has 1gb of ram and hes got vista to.

oh yeah the 1.2gb is 1gb plus 256mb and now i got a extra 1gb but i had to take out the o256mb so now i have 2gb crucial blistex in total.

the PSU i only can find out the model ky-500atx 400w p4.

and the graphic card only needs 350watt it says in the ati and sapphire website, and i would like to point out a very werid thing, well basicly i swapped my GC (graphic card) with my mates GC with was a x1600 download grade from mine, his x1600 works alright on my pc but better on his, my x1650 works quite crap on mine but better on his???? and he's got 1gb ram and 230watt and im like WTF!!!

this is really werid but then i ran cpu-z and i saw something that might cause the problem it was my BUS Speed (99.9mhz) and Rated FSB (399.5mhz) and his was double mine.

BTW my mobo is a asrock P4i65G.

well now im getting Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz Extreme processor if that dont work im just gonna go out and get a new mobo.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP, YOU LOT REALLY HELPED I MEAN COME ON I COULDNT OF THOUGHT OF DOING THAT, WHAT A CRAZY IDEA WOW I SHOULD TELL ALL MY FRIENDS ABOUT THIS BRILLENT WEBSITE!!!.

you guys suck.

btw it did work out in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back