Low frame rates and many beeps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapier8

I am having problems with my computer and i don't know what is causing it. I get really low frame rates in games and i get many beeps when playing as well as while doing toehr things, such as encoding a movie.

I have a MSI K7N2-Delta ILSR mobo with an athlon xp 2600+ slightly overclocked

Is my mobo overheating or just worn out or could it be something else? I recently replaced my ram because i was getting errors in memtest86.

Any help woudl be great.

DonNagual said:
The first two things I'd check are your CPU temps and your PSU voltage.

To check your CPU temps (if you don't aleady have some monitoring software) download and run speedfan:

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/547-speedfan.html

It will also tell you the voltages on your PSU. Please tell us what it is saying for your +3.3v, +5v and +12v rails.

it is saying 3.17, 5.05, and 11.55 ,respectivly, for the voltages. also, my cpu temp is at 115 degrees F.

Those 3.17 and 11.55 voltages aren´t very good. But software readings of voltages aren´t very accurate. Who is your PSU´s maker and model?
You can find that info on the sticker attached to the power supply.

So, you don´t have an overheating problem. Don´t worry about that. Can you give us some more specs about your system (amount of RAM, video card model and memory) and then we´ll try to figure out your problem.

wolfram said:
Those 3.17 and 11.55 voltages aren´t very good. But software readings of voltages aren´t very accurate. Who is your PSU´s maker and model?
You can find that info on the sticker attached to the power supply.

So, you don´t have an overheating problem. Don´t worry about that. Can you give us some more specs about your system (amount of RAM, video card model and memory) and then we´ll try to figure out your problem.

I have a powmax 500 watt power supply. sadly, i cannot tell you the model number because i stupidly took thew sticker off when i bought it 2 years ago and i didn't want to see the sticker though my case.

I currently have brand new Kingston HyperX memory (2x256MB), an oc'd geforce 6800 w/ 128mb.

I highly doubt my video card is at fault, i have a zalman cooler on it and have a pretty good oc on it (371/814 up from 325/750 stock).

unless the video card is being "over revved" i think it is most likely something else.

I have a similiar motherboard, the K7N2 Delta 2 platinum. I don't recommend overclocking. This motherboard is a dynamic overclocker and will overclock unless turned off. Also your board can handle an Athlon XP 3200 + CPU and DDR 400 PC3200 RAM in 3 slots duel channel. The board will eat RAM if it is overclocked. I don't recommend it. I have gone through three sets of RAM by overclocking. I have used kingston, crucial, and now I am on corsair which seems to be running ok un-overclocked. The board can also handle AGP 8X graphics cards so get the best you can buy. I recommend NVIDIA cards only.

Tedster said:
I have a similiar motherboard, the K7N2 Delta 2 platinum. I don't recommend overclocking. This motherboard is a dynamic overclocker and will overclock unless turned off. Also your board can handle an Athlon XP 3200 + CPU and DDR 400 PC3200 RAM in 3 slots duel channel. The board will eat RAM if it is overclocked. I don't recommend it. I have gone through three sets of RAM by overclocking. I have used kingston, crucial, and now I am on corsair which seems to be running ok un-overclocked. The board can also handle AGP 8X graphics cards so get the best you can buy. I recommend NVIDIA cards only.

nice to know, i've gone through a few sticks of ram but they weren't oc'd. also, i do have a 6800 oc'd (not through bios settings). kinda strange that this board will more or less break ram (although i was getting hundreds of errors in memtest86 with my first stick).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back