lsass.exe - Object not found - System Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "isass.exe - object not found" system error appears when I try to boot up and when I click "ok", the computer reboots again. I cannot get into the computer to do anything. I'm on Windows XP Home Edition.

Does anyone have any suggestions? HELP!

Thank you.

lsass.exe object name not found - system error

Unfortunately, I cannot get into my system at all. It keeps rebooting when I click "OK". Also, it does not give any options before it reboots.

Any suggestions? HELP!

lsass.exe file

This thread does not belong here. Go back to forums and select Windows OS.
There you will find a sticky thread titled " How to repair Windows XP/2000 if you are unable to boot into windows"

There are other threads too that might also be helpful.

Lsass.exe System Error Object name not found SOLUTION!!! FIXED!!!

My PC kept giving me the Object name not found error and rebooting. I was going nuts until I found this fix, which worked immediately for me:

I copied it from Tony Gravagno, who posted it on another site in January 2007. He didn't spell things out as much as I did.

Here is how to fix it
1) Remove the drive and use it as an external drive in another system. I'll call it drive X:

2) On that other computer, create the following folders on X:
x:\temp\registry\new
x:\temp\registry\orig

3) start windows explorer and Right click on
X:\System Volume Information and assign Full
privileges for your current administrator user.
If you cannot see X:\System Volume Information,
then you need to go to the Tools-->Folder Options menu
and click on the view tab.
Then be sure that the following boxes are checxked:

Display the Contents of System Folders
Show Hidden Files and Folders

and UNcheck the following box:
Hide Protected Operating System Files (Recommended)

Then do what was stated at the beginning of #3 above

4) Open the X:\System Volume Information and and copy the most "recent" working directory to
x:\temp\registry\new . How do you know
what's recent? The paths are named X:\System Volume
Information\_restore{x-GUID-x}\RP###.
Get the most recent RP### path from a date when the system was working
- never choose RP### from the day on which you discovered corruption.

5) Now you need to back up files that we are going to replace: Copy all of the registry files from x:\WINDOWS\system32\config to
x:\temp\registry\orig . The registry files will probably be the following: SOFTWARE, SAM, DEFAULT, SECURITY, SYSTEM -- with no extensions.

6) Delete those 5 files from x:\WINDOWS\system32\config

7) Copy those 5 files from x:\temp\registry\new\rp###\snapshot to x:\windows\system32\config. Note: the files in snapshot will probably have the following prefix: _REGISTRY_MACHINE_ or _REGISTRY_USER
After copying, edit those file names so that they once again just say SOFTWARE, SAM, DEFAULT, SECURITY, and SYSTEM

8) Move your hard drive back into the original system and reboot. And hope for the best.

rick brownstone
email removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back