LSASS.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

maness112002

My friends computer keeps getting this message. She was able to start it in safe mode, she cannot get it to boot normally. I will be running the scans I have run on my computer in the past, and try and send a log file after it is all done. Please let me know if there is any information ofn that exe file and what to do about it.

Lsass.exe is responsible for handling security policy on Windows.

Out of curiosity, do you see an error with a count down from 60 seconds or so when you boot into Windows that automatically restarts your PC when it completes?

This one is confusing, and requires some thought and investigation.

LSASS is usually lsass.exe, a system process of the Microsoft Windows security mechanisms. It specifically deals with local security and login policies. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

But lsass.exe is also process which is registered as a trojan. This Trojan supposedly allows attackers to access your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. Thus it can be a security risk process that should sometimes be removed from your system.

Some removal outfits list lsass.exe as a registered downloader. This process can come bundled with virus, spyware, or other Trojans with its main purpose to download other viruses or spyware to your computer. Sof, if true, it should be removed from your system.

You have to use professional removal software or figger out how to determine if yours is the Microsoft progam or process. Figgering out whether lsass.exe is a virus or a legitimate Windows process depends on the directory where it locates itself or executes from.

You must determine stability, perhaps. We are not certain which software is best to determine lsass.exe status on your computer.

Yours appears to be an evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back