M741lmrt motherboard wont boot when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i need somebody any bodys help my lads p.c went down the other day and im not that good with bios settings etc but i must have changed summat by accident the motherboard as you know takes pc100 or pc133 well my prob is when i put original 64meg pc100 into comp it boots up fine but when i try and boot up with 256 meg pc133 all i get is a black screen wont even post bleep just stays dead with floppy light constantly on.
i know that the pc133 memory is compatible as before computer went tits up it was running fine with the 256 meg of memory in.van anybody help me fix this problem my lad is really gutted and i would be grateful for any help what so ever thanking you all in advance ..... :confused:

try giving us your system's physical parts and setup. next, try updating the bios. refer to your manual, some mobos have stupid limitations like this (the 815e chipset being a prime example).

righty ho its jus a basic set up up my lad is only 9 pc chips mobo intel p3 processor 20gid h/d cd writer every thing else is on board and at mo 64 meg pc100 sdram :-( hope that is of help

Try resetting the bios with the jumper or removing cmos battery, ensure pc is unplugged from mains first :)

Shiney said:
Try resetting the bios with the jumper or removing cmos battery, ensure pc is unplugged from mains first :)

will do that soon as i get in from work tonight will let you know the out come thanks for your help.by the way taking battery out and refitting it will reset bios yea?? well what happens if that is not the problem???

:bounce: :bounce: cxheers for your help resetting bios seemd to do the trick a BIG THANKYOU all those who took the time to give me some advice :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back