M748LMRT mobo won't start with ATX ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

osmany

M748LMRT mobo won't start with ATX power supply

I've been trying to refurbish an old computer with pcchips M748LMRT-xcel 2000 motherboard. The mobo manual states it can use either an AT or ATX power supply. I only have an ATX 230 watts power supply. When I assembled the mobo on the AT case and plugged the ups cord in the ATX slot, the computer does not start at all. I downloaded the manual for that motherboard from this site:http://mldisplay.com.br/m748_v13.pdf.

Since I could not longer use the power switch because it is designed for the AT power supply, I used the RESET switch as the power switch. I connect it on the right pins on the mobo, but NADA, it won't start.

On the manual it also says:
If you are using an ATX power supply unit, you can use hot keys
on your keyboard as a power on/off switch for the system Use this
jumper to turn this feature on or off.

I set the specified jumper to enable that feature, but it didn't work.

The cpu type is Pentium III 450Mz cartridge at 100MHz system bus.
Memory: 128 MB SDRAM/pc100.

Can somebody please help me with this issue.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Osmany

You don't mean ups. UPS stands for "uninterruptable power supply" like a battery back up system... or United Parcel Service :haha:

You are dealing with an ATX or AT power supply issue. Your motherboard has provisions for both ATX and AT power supplies. To use your 230 watt ATX supply, the Power Monitor Functions in the bios need to be enabled and J1 on the motherboard needs to be in the proper position. Recheck these settings.

The reset switch is a momentary contact pushbutton but I don't know if it will work as a substitute connected to the front panel header pins 21-22. Try enabling the keyboard off/on power function using J1 and hard jumper the front panel header power switch pins 21-22. Also make sure the power standby features are enabled in the bios

Thank you Tmagic650. I edited the thread post to correct the mistake on ups, and I'll try your suggestions on how to solve this issue.

Good luck osmany,
thanks for providing the link to you motherboards manual. It was very helpfull

Tmagic650. I did all you suggested me to and nothing, I'm still stuck. Any other idea? Maybe there is a jumper or something else I can use to switch from AT to ATX?

VGA1 video adapter.

Hi, remember this old post?
I managed to get that motherboard running, but now I cannot get the VGA adapter working to see at least the BIOS settings on the screen when the pc boots up. The mobo manual says one pc-100 MHz on memory slot1 shares memory resources with the graphics adapter, What does that mean? Does it have anything to do that I'm using a pc-133 memory instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back