Mac Pro GPU And HD Adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

porsche911r

hey guys im gonna get given a mac pro which is like 2 months old but can i use my 8800gt card and insert my own raptor hdd for vista?

i dunno if this is really possible any suggestions would be awsome at this point thanks.

didou thanks for the reply man ok if the hdds works thats cool ill check the gpu thing i think it shud work cos i want to use for vista anyway.

if i use the 8800gt and keep the 7300 which is in there cud i boot mac with the 7300 and vista with the 8800gt
????

If I'm not mistaken the Mac Pro has multiple PCI-e x16 slots so you can install multiple cards at the same time but why do you want to keep the 7300 ? The 8800GT can work well with Vista & MacOSX, why would you want to use only the 7300 on MacOSX ?

i dont want to use it i thought the 8800gt wnt work with osx thats why but ok if 8800gt works that wud be cool

porsche911r said:
if the hdds works thats cool ill check the gpu thing i think it shud work cos i want to use for vista anyway.
hummm; Dual boot? maybe if you're careful

Vista is NTFS and Macs are AFS; not directly compatible.

I think you would have more fun by running the Mac as-is and creating a Lan connection to Vista (just imo)

jo i think ur right but i googled this gpu thing and there is a massive issue install a 8800gt into a mac pro so im gonna leave this for now i got a gaming pc anyway so nt that much bugged. thanks for the good idea though man for the lan thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back