Mach1 video.

Originally posted by erwin1978
I just found this movie very cool. It's a plane breaking sound barrier. The way clouds formed around the plane as it reached Mach1 is awesome.

Hey Erwin, GREAT post. I have actually been lucky enough to see this very thing. It only happens when the humidity in the air is just right to form the "cloud". My wife and I where at an airshow at Warner Robbins AFB in Macon GA in Sept. 97 when we saw it. The thing that made it even cooler was the plane was one of the Blue Angels !! Interesting thing is, in the photo, the nose is going thru the sound barrier and the tail is not. The cloud is a visual cue of where the sound barrier is. When we saw it, you didn't hear the plane until he was right in front of us, and darn hard to follow....THANKS AGAIN FOR THE GREAT POST !!

P.S.- To all who post the random aircraft stuff, thanks a mil for looking out for me...I appriciate it alot. Any aircraft/aviation/airline questions, just pass them to me please. Thanks to all of you here, I really have been enjoying the forums !!

Back