Machine System Check Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CidCaldensfey

Here is a little background information.
I built a computer a while back, and after the videocard burned up and stuff, I figured it was time to upgrade my computer.

I replaced the:
Motherboard
Videocard
Processor
Power Supply

It seemed to work fine at first, but after a little bit of gaming, the computer will lock up for about 4 seconds, and then take me to a blue screen with some technical information.

I looked into it a little bit, and aparently its a hardware issue, and I thought it might be related to my RAM since that was one of the only components I didn't upgrade.

However it still happens, so I took it to the shop about a week ago, and they charged me 40 bucks to tell me nothing was wrong... That it could be some sort of software issue related to the game I play.. So I reformatted when I got home, and of coarse 5 mintues after plugin'in the computer up it did it again.

Here are the details I got with EVEREST (saw that it might help you guys help me on another thread)

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name DOZ
User Name Dozier

Motherboard:
CPU Type DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3800+
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory 2048 MB
BIOS Type Award Modular (10/06/05)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS (512 MB)
Monitor NEC MultiSync LCD1960NXi (Analog) [19" LCD] (4X012208YA)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Realtek HD Audio output

Storage:
IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive WDC WD1600JD-00GBB0 (149 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A (DVD+RW:4x/2.4x, DVD-RW:4x/2x, DVD-ROM:12x, CD:16x/10x/40x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
Optical Drive DVD-ROM DVD-12X2H
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 131061 MB (122487 MB free)

Input:
Keyboard HID Keyboard Device
Mouse HID-compliant mouse
Game Controller Microsoft PC-joystick driver

Network:
Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller (192.168.1.107)

Peripherals:
USB1 Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller [NoDB]
USB2 Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]
USB Device USB Composite Device
USB Device USB Human Interface Device

It seems to do it during gaming mostely, however it has occasionaly done it when installing or using a lot of resources I guess would be the proper way of wording this. For example, when I was reinstalling software aftering reformatting, like windows update, and browsing the net. It also did it.

However, most of the time it happens when I am gaming.

My PSU is a Dynex 500watt power supply.

I already cleaned out all the slots and the entire computer when I reformatted (about four days ago) since I installed a secondary hard drive.

That error is for a faulty CPU. But there were alot of issues with the earlier dual core chips and gaming. Go to AMDs web site and see if you need their patch. Also run Windows update. Also make sure you havethe latest chipset drivers.

Are you getting any minidumps? Look in C:\windows\minidump. Zip up 5 or 6 and attach them to your next post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back