Major System Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steg

I returned to my PC tonite to discover it had totally locked up while SETIing over the day. I immedatly killed the power and stuck my hand in to check the temps. Everything was between cold and slighty-less-than-cold (the ambient temp was about 10 degrees - i had left the window open)
So temperatures where not a problem. Upon restarting i got no post no beep no nothing. The lights lit up, the fans buzzed, the HDD crackled - but no output atall.
I have checked the RAM and graphics card in a another machine and they are fine. I have unplugged the HDD,CDD and Soundcard and still nothing.
So, it is my motherboard has failed? If so i need to claim on warrenty (i hope to dear god i can). Any suggestions for how to make this damn thing work - i feel all empty without the far cry demo to play :D - dear god that is sad

Steg

had a similar problem a few years ago I actually stripped the board bare twice and put everything back in twice and still no luck. it wasnt until I followed a techies advice and stripped the board again an started putting things back one piece at a time powering on after each peice was added then shutting down and repeating the process that it finally came back to life.

aftereach piece is added and power is turned on after you shut down unplug and hold down the power button to drain residual power then add the next piece and repeat the process.

Crisis over. Having been left to stew in a corner for 24 hours without being touched it now posts fine. I have no idea what was wring with it but it now appears to work *breathes a sigh of relief*
cheers people

Steg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back