Making a Bootable CD using Nero Express???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello....I am on a laptop and don't have a 3.5. floppy and I really need to make some bootdisks...When I open up Nero Express..there is an option to make a boot CD....can I drag a .exe like Bcwipe into it then burn. It says that it has a bootable floppy image included in the software??? Will this work?

Thanks,

JWL

Simply dragging the files from your A: won't make the CD bootable, but Nero will make an image of a bootable floppy drive for you and use that image to create a bootable CD.

You may not be able to make a bootable CD in express. I never use express though, so this may be information.

I know it can be done with the classic Nero interface, though.

There are plenty of tutorials out there. I'd recommend searching for how to make bootable CDs using Nero Express on www.google.com or other popular search engine.

like this :

nero2.jpg

put your files (not boot files), other files if needed.

nero.jpg

put your boot source such as Win98 Boot Disk.

nero3.jpg

and at last burn your CD .... its ready noW.

nero4.jpg

smttz

That is great, thank you for the pictures and information. It's always much easier to actually see what is going on instead of trying to describe it.

Would have been more useful if it was relevant to the original post (i.e. no floppy drive).

You can save the boot sectors of a bootable CD ( a Win98 CD for example ) to a file & use that file with NERO to make a bootable CD.

There are programs like IsoBuster that allow you to do that.

Hey Smmtz.........WOW....I am impressed....thank you so much for taking the time to do ALL that. I know it must have took quite a few minutes.....

Nic: Yea....I noticed that too about the 'floppy' part of the instructions....but if you make it that far anyway....there is a built in 'floppy image emulation' that comes with Nero...so I think it worked out ok.

Anyway....I put a prog called BCWIPEPD.....on the disc....When I restarted my computer to see if it would work....It definitely recognized it....and I got an a:/

If I type in the COMMAND Prompt actions for BCWIPE at the a:/...will it run the program??

I need to know before I try it.....because if it does work...it will erase my entire harddrive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back