Making Websites

k1n9k00p4

Recently ive been looking for the best way to make a web site, im not really experienced with HTML so i will probabilly go with a webbased site creator, the only thing im wondering is which one?

all the ones ive tried are crap, if u guys know any FREE ones can u post them here thnx. ^_^

You can use programs like microsft word, publisher or frontpage without knowing anything about HTML code, the software creates the code automatically for you.

and how then would i upload the created webpage onto the net, what service would i use for that.

thnx

Go to www.1and1.co.uk
When you have your website hosted by them, they give you an impressive bundle of free software, including NetobjectsFusion.
That's easy for beginners.
You also get an FTP program and tons of help is available.
Currently special offer for £3.99/month

never ever.. ever... never!!! use frontpage..

try to learn the basics yourself and find some tool that suits you. i liked freamweaver for instance, but it isnt free. neither is frontpage.

i think thats the best way. it isnt too hard. (i can say that because i am working with a partner.. i do the graphics, and he is the coder/scripter. so i dont have to care about the code at all. HAHA.)

well ok that wont help you very much.. but hey! i still wish you all the best. ^^

osram said:
never ever.. ever... never!!! use frontpage..
There are TONS of professionals that will argue this until H*** freezes over.
Similarly, MS Word can create HTML output, but it is just a mess! It reads
like RTF, not good HTML. Do this if you have to, but promise yourself not to continue to embarrass yourself.

well if you want to argue about frontpage you can do it alone.. we will close you up in a small and dark room.. with tons of locks. and then you can argue till heaven melts over.

er.. i only know if you have code-generating rubbish apps it messes up everything until you dont understand the code yourself?

thats why i prefer dreamweaver.. although i dont have to use it anyway because i have some poor bastard doing it for me.. made of flesh and bones. ^^

Go here and get their free HTML editor. http://www.coffeecup.com/
The 14.5 million people who downloaded it can't be all wrong!

Alternatively, get a good Notepad replacement, which colours coding elements.
If you like someon'e page on the web, click on View/Source and have a look.
Copy the (coding) part out of it that you like. It's a free lunch for all out there!

I agree with mict...
I have an old version of Netscape 4.7 that i use strictly for Composer....
A great tool !

The site HTML Goodies has lots of guides to help you get started. HTML really isn't hard to learn. It's mostly just stealing code from other people (otherwise known as "research") and modifying it to be the way you want.

Mozilla Firefox has a built-in, color-coded HTML editor. Notepad also works.

I'm a Dreamweaver user.. other than the fact it's not free I think its good for any user, learner or pro and there are plenty of places to get advice and info on learning HTML. Basic HTML isn't so bad...

When I first started my first page was built with Publisher 98 I think (cringe) but I soon moved on and got a program called LiquidFX which isn't too pricey (and maybe still do a trial or free version) and a good way to get started.. but if you really get hooked.. get Dreamweaver :) Dreamweaver has built in FTP but I still use Cuteftp myself.

Most of all.. have fun with it I'm sure most of us would admit our first pages were scarey and we wouldn't want to admit to owning them now... but that's half the fun is learning and going from downright nube web-nastiness.. to something you are happy to show others :)

as for hosts... I love mine, I use Bluehost.com but it's probably a lot more than you need right now... but it's great value for anyone who needs PHP and extra goodies above the basic freebie hosting. I wont post a referral link cos I don't know if that's allowed.. but if anyone needs a good host I could use the referrals ... :)

Back