Malware/trojan attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Ive been struck by a destructive malware/trojan type of thing. The software causes pop-ups, system slowings, crashes, attempts to install outlook and attempts to download more dangerous files.

Ive runned full system scans with norton antivirus and AdAware - both fully updated. Ive also scanned with VundoFix, but nothing helps. Norton and AdAware finds a lot of files, removes them, and next time my computer starts the threats and the pop-ups are still there.

The attempts to make me download the file client_settings_3.bin never stops, no matter how much scan i do.

I dont now what have hit me. On a normal pc, i would just reformat and save my work, but this is pc is only for working purposes (graphical design) and so customized, that it would take weeks to recover it, and im not very much into computer. My oldest son did the hole setup last time.

I hope someone has the time to help.

Ps. My son sometimes uses the computer for his computer games.

Ps. Ive managed to make a hijack log:

Edit: Im sorry for the double post, and the fact that i diddent attach the Hijacklog as you clearly state in the forumdescription. Ill make it an attach right away.

Hi sesam and welcome to techspot. =)

I did not find your attached log. Could you check?

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions exactly. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed. You may skip the steps that you have already completed except for HijackThis. I require a most up to date log.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of sesam only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back