Mandrake 8.2 Final release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Well, it had to happen sooner or later with a different beta or release candidate on the website nearly every time I checked!

The isos have been uploaded to the following ftp mirror sites. Good luck, most are busy:

Czech Republic

ftp://mandrake.redbox.cz/Mandrake/iso/
France

ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake/iso/ (Lyon)
ftp://ftp.ciril.fr/pub/linux/mandrake/iso/ (Nancy)
Germany

ftp://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/Mandrake/iso/ (Esslingen)
Iceland

ftp://ftp.mbl.is/pub/mandrake/iso/ (Reykjavik)
Italy

ftp://bo.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/Mandrake/iso/ (Bologna)
http://bo.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/Mandrake/iso/ (Bologna)
Slovakia

ftp://hq.alert.sk/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake/iso/
ftp://spirit.profinet.sk/mirrors/Mandrake/iso/ (Bratislava)
Taiwan

ftp://mdk.linux.org.tw/pub/mandrake/iso/
United States

ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/mandrake/Mandrake/iso/ (North Carolina)
ftp://ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake/iso/ (Georgia)
ftp://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/linux/Mandrake/iso/ (Utah)
ftp://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/Mandrake/iso/ (Illinois)

LATEST: The list of servers offering the iso files have been whittled down! I think they are lying as well, because I am still downloading from the french mirror fr2.rpmfind.net ! Now it reads:

Italy

ftp://bo.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/Mandrake/iso/ (Bologna)

Last modified: Tue Mar 19 01:31:48 2002

The french site was jammed last night, and it took my about 30 tries to finally connect.... I think only about 150 or so users can connect at once..... And usually I get about 12o kbps connection with this server, but now its 20 kbps....

More later if I know more, but apparently this linux is REALLY worth trying out!

Now its changed again and its only a czech mirror and another one that have the files! fr2.rpmfind.net stopped responding!

I WILL be the first to download and install this!

Every time I check the mirror lists for the isos on mandrake's site the list has changed.

I am getting it from an unlisted server (ftp.mirror.ac.uk) - I am almost finished on the third CD.

Hehehe very good!

Just thought it might interest some to see how you can hunt for something a day after its come out....

Yeah its not always a case of "click here".
So many dead and slow links. It's often hard to find a good link.
Most annoying is when you download successfully and find that the huge file you downloaded is corrupt :(

I finally got the whole thing last night, having downloaded from about 8 different servers all over Europe.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back