Manualy Repering Registry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin997

Hi dudes,

I have quite a few registry problems on one of my 4 pc's, I have used several good free registry cleaners however which have fixed most of my registry problems, i know i still have a lot of registry problems with the followng-program shortcuts, empty registry keys and file/path references, how do i go about finding and repearing these faults using "regedit".

Any replies appriciated

thanks!

It would be very,very,unwise to try cleaning up your registry manually.

There are programs like RegscrubXP that will clear most problems

automatically,and will present you with a list of things that you can

decide on.

XP will run perfectly with a few redundant reg entries.

Reg cleaning is a 3 time a year job.

Dude.. You can reinstall Windows ten times over in the time it takes you to go through half the registry by hand and check all the values.

I would love to backup all my data and reinstall windows doing that would solve my registry problems, but all my pc's are coustom built so i do not have the recovery disk!

thanks for the suggestions though

How did you install the operating system if you don't have a recovery disk? I have two custom built computers and have both of the recovery disks.

Apart from these "registry problems" is there anything else wrong with your computers ?

Crashes ? Slow ?

Hi,
Nothing patticuarly major apart from a baffeling problem with my 9600pro, where the screen ranomly goes into standby or complitely crashes for no apparent reason when playing my favorite games- Tiger Woods 06, 07 and 08!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back