Many problems during start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I hope someone can help me. I have been experiencing several problems. I have tried to fix these by following the recommendations in the sticky threads. Some have been cured, but a few problems remain.

1. Upon start-up, after the Windows welcome screen and user log-in, the desktop background loads but there are no icons visible. I have found that by pulling up Task Manager via ctrl-alt-del, I can start a new task and launch C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe. This allows my desktop icons to load and I can start using the computer normally.

2. Following the start-up above, a window automatically opens up to a folder called C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program. I don't know why this always opens up.

3. I used to have the malware Trojan.PWS.Tanspy, but I believe it is cured now.

4. Finally, I downloaded the browser Firefox. However, when I launch the browser it immediately closes.

Attahed is my HJT log. I appreciate any advice you can give, particularly with #1 above. Thanks!

-Michael

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with at least one trojan/virus.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of mera308gtb only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back