Martin Shkreli banned from Twitter for allegedly harassing journalist Lauren Duca

midian182

Staff member

Everyone’s favorite internet villain, Martin Shkreli, has found himself in trouble again. This time, the former Turing Pharmaceuticals CEO has been removed from Twitter after continually harassing journalist Lauren Duca.

The incident began when Shkreli started posting tweets about dating Duca. He later sent her a direct message, asking if she would accompany him to Donald Trump’s inauguration. The married freelance writer, whose Teen Vogue feature on how the President-elect is “gaslighting America” was a big hit last month, refused the invitation. “I would rather eat my own organs,” was her response to the Pharma Bro, who she has never met. “Well, start with your heart,” replied Shkreli, “what a cold you know what!”

Shkreli - who gained infamy in 2015 after he raised the price of an old anti-infective drug by more than 5000 percent – then changed his Twitter banner to a collage of photos featuring Duca. It included the words, “For Better or Worse, Til Death do Us Part, I’ll Love You With Every Single Beat of my Heart.” He also updated his profile picture to show an image of Duca and her spouse, but with Shkreli’s face photoshopped over the top of her husband’s head.

Shkreli also changed his Twitter bio to inform everyone that he has “a small crush on @laurenduca,” and posted a tweet stating that he had bought the domain name “marrymelauren.com.”

The actions prompted Duca to ask Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey how such things were allowed. “I don’t know how this could possibly be allowed because this is an act of targeted harassment,” wrote Duca. “I know Twitter is struggling to figure out what makes the most sense [regarding user guidelines]… but this is an entire profile dedicated to upsetting me.”

A few hours later, Shkreli’s account was suspended. “The Twitter Rules prohibit targeted harassment, and we will take action on accounts violating those policies,” said a company spokesperson. Shkreli has also been “temporarily suspended” from Periscope for allegedly harassing and trying to contact Duca on the Twitter-owned platform.

As was the case with Breitbart tech editor Milo Yiannopoulos’s suspension, the banning has led some to question Twitter’s commitment to “free speech.” Shkreli himself remains unrepentant, saying he would stop if Duca directly asked him to.

Permalink to story.

Meanwhile they ignore accounts that get harassed by leftists. Because reasons.

Thank you Rob for being a peddler...again; or still?
...and thank you TechSpot for endorsing politics and now gossip - well done! /s

Is there a particular reason my post was removed from the thread?

So instead of setting up a way for him to be blocked from her Twitter Page, they ban him from Twitter altogether. Shame on you Twitter for harassing Martin!

So instead of setting up a way for him to be blocked from her Twitter Page, they ban him from Twitter altogether. Shame on you Twitter for harassing Martin!

There is. All she had to do was hit the block button. But she's a snowflake so naturally the only appropriate response is to have him banned and write "news" articles about her terrible ordeal.

Actually the means of stalking isn't clearly defined so it can be over a phone, a web page, a twitter account, in person, etc, etc ......

Actually the means of stalking isn't clearly defined so it can be over a phone, a web page, a twitter account, in person, etc, etc ......

If we take this to its logical conclusion e-stalking can be whatever anyone says it is.

If you read this post you're a stalker because I don't want you to read my posts. If you respond, I will report you to the same mod who deleted my earlier post about the double standard.

If we take this to its logical conclusion e-stalking can be whatever anyone says it is.

If you read this post you're a stalker because I don't want you to read my posts. If you respond, I will report you to the same mod who deleted my earlier post about the double standard.
The post that says, "Meanwhile they ignore accounts that get harassed by leftists. Because reasons."? It's the first response to the article and not deleted.

The post that says, "Meanwhile they ignore accounts that get harassed by leftists. Because reasons."? It's the first response to the article and not deleted.

That isn't the post that got deleted. I posted a response to Skid re: Shkreli and harrassment. It included a screenshot of a girl's Twitter who had been harassed very severely this past week to no action by Twitter, pointing out a double standard both in Twitter's enforcement of its ToS as well as coverage by media outlets.

That post was removed, without so much as a notification.

It's a toss up which of them is a bigger loser. The guy that can't get a date or the girl that cares about his twitter profile.

That isn't the post that got deleted. I posted a response to Skid re: Shkreli and harrassment. It included a screenshot of a girl's Twitter who had been harassed very severely this past week to no action by Twitter, pointing out a double standard both in Twitter's enforcement of its ToS as well as coverage by media outlets.

That post was removed, without so much as a notification.
Fake news, surely!

So if a teenage bieber fan made a collage and posted tweets like it for Justin Bieber, Is that stalking? I agree, she could have block him and made it a day like davislane1 said.

So if a teenage bieber fan made a collage and posted tweets like it for Justin Bieber, Is that stalking? I agree, she could have block him and made it a day like davislane1 said.
Martin Shkreli is a flat out piece of sh!t. Whatever evil befalls him, can't happen soon enough.

It's naive and uninformed on your part to make a nonsense comparison to a "Beiber fan". This Twitter crap is just the tip of the iceberg. It's one small worthwhile step, in removing him from society altogether.

He bought a drug company, raised the price of a much needed medicine something like 5000%, so that he could pay off investors in another of his hedge funds. In other words, it was a Ponzi scheme that sick people and insurance companies were forced to pay for.

Now go f***ing Tweet that.

Martin Shkreli is a flat out piece of sh!t. Whatever evil befalls him, can't happen soon enough.

It's naive and uninformed on your part to make a nonsense comparison to a "Beiber fan". This Twitter crap is just the tip of the iceberg. It's one small worthwhile step, in removing him from society altogether.

He bought a drug company, raised the price of a much needed medicine something like 5000%, so that he could pay off investors in another of his hedge funds. In other words, it was a Ponzi scheme that sick people and insurance companies were forced to pay for.

Now go f***ing Tweet that.
Well said.

I normally wouldn't agree, but if what you said in the rest of your comment is true then I do agree.
Cliff, I'm not simply making this up as I go along
https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-martin-shkreli-securities-fraud/

shkreli-courthouse3.jpg

Back