Massive multiple problems! Help please minidupms needing studied, much more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

preachjon

this is a freinds computer he was getting a blue screen saying bad-pool-header, so i figured it could be program confliction or virus so i restore the system, deleting all partisions first. Reformating with xp pro this didn't work (note he has no recorce disk). He said he added ram for a recording program, and it never went to the blue screen before he installed it, but he got ram from pc store and they looked up the specs he needed.
1- system failer, his computer keeps reseting it's self or comming to the blue screen of death saying "bad-pool-header" I sent a error report and saved what it brought me to. This got so bad the computer kept reseting itself before windows even loded. C:\WINDOWS\Minidump. four files atached.
2-"service pack has encountered a problem and need to close" this has happend servil times. but not recently.
3-"inernet explor has encountered a problem and needs to close" again happened servil times.
4- network controler is not reconized in the device management. I used add new hardware wizard and conected to the inernet winh my linksys external card, windows cannot find software . I believe this is need for him to connect to wireless. Also multimedia audio controller, pci modem, viedo controller, video controller (vga compatible) none of theses are reconiced. I have looked driverguide and everywhere cant find anything. He has a dell Inspiron 2200 laptop.
5- hardley any programs will install, they are saying file is corrupt. It done this before i reformated his computer too. Itunes wont install, is says quick time is needed to run itunes. I downloded it, but it gives me an error reading of "The cabinet file quicktime.cab required for this installation is corrupt, this could indicate a network error, an error reading from the cd-rom, or problem with the package. Ad-ware is all i got to install.

microsoft's error report Problem caused by Device Driver
You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.
More information

Problem report summary
Problem type Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
Solution available? No
What does this problem mean? Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted
Cause Unknown
Computer symptoms A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
Additional steps for you to take Please continue to send problem reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

how to trouble shoot driver problems in xp

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322205

Maybe someone can suggest some program to test all the drivers?

preachjon said:
He said he added ram for a recording program, and it never went to the blue screen before he installed it, but he got ram from pc store and they looked up the specs he needed.
Take the new RAM out.

MemTest error

Yeah thats right. He said his computer never crashed till he added ram, but he had the numbers ran on the ram he installed, so why would it cause a problem? Can you get too much ram on a processor. He has an Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor.40GHz, speed is 1396 MHz, Model is x86 Family 6 Model 13 stepping 8, Processor Id is AFE9FBFF000006D8. Total phyisical memory is 759.37 mb.
I downloded memtest and as soon as I ran it it gave me an error saying Pair 2575142 does not store values accuretly memtest has detected that your computer cannot accuretly store data in ram you need to fix this". I don't know what this means or how to fix it. Can this be fixed or do I need to just remove the stick he added?

The RAM is bad or incompatable with what was there. Run memtest on the new and old individually.

You shouldn't mix RAM if you can avoid it.

Thanks thats a good ideal, unfortiuntly The computer is so bad now when I turn it on it never gets to the welcome screen with out reseting its self. i downloded Windows memory diagnostic tool and ran this from boot up. I recieved an error saying "LRAND failed" and everything elese passed. What does this mean? How can I fix this? I seen a post where some elese seen this same message, and fixed their problem by slowing dow the ram in the bios. He didn't teel how he done this. Does anyone know how? I also seen a post on data corruption CRC his computer said this when I tried to install anything. In the post he said his quess was the ram was proble corrupt ram. Is there any chance my freind could have gotten A bad ram chip from factory?

Can some body studie these minidump files and tell me why the computer has been crashing? I would like to know how to do this myself also.

humm good post tester! I think I'm going to try taking the new ram out and seeing if his computer will come bach on then. Hey he is arguing withe me, he is convinced its not the ram because when he turned on his computer it said you have now sucessfully updated your computer's ram. I have seen simular inicedents where computers crash after puting ram in them, but the funny thing is they seem to work fine for a week or two, with no beeps or errors. Is this the way it goes, or if the ram is wrong does it usually have problems right from the start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back