master to slave virus transfer????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbrat41

I have multiple HDD available and am trying to find the most "virus proof" (if one becomes infected another Clean drive will still be available) method of utilizing these drives. I have just recently had a slave/master setup and wondered about virus movement from one to the other (master would be the only one to have internet acess)???
As i set down to do this , it occured to me to ask about virus movement across a Partition also???
Even with Norton AV (previously) and now Panda Internet Security ,viruses have snuck in on my unit and cost me hours to get debugged. I am looking for a method for the above,if one gets fragged, I have another available so that i can continue (particularly) internet use to find a solution.
I hope this is all clear and that someone can help.
thank you

Viruses don't move from one partition or hard disk to another. Viruses propagate though files (some anciant ones use bootsectors). If your Windows sees a disk and can write on it then a virus can go there. So the safest solution would be a drive that Windows cannot see or use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back