Matsonic MS8308EP no video output

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend gave me a Matsonic MS8308EP mobo and processor after I put it all in a case, when I turn it on the monitor stays black. The cooler on the processor is running though. I tried every video possible, the onboard video, a PCI and AGP card but non seem to work. Could this have to do with not plugging in the connectors (SPK,HDD LED etc) properly because I really do never know which way they go (ground, 5volt etc)

Thanks all for your help.

Are you sure it has the correct ram in it? Thats far more likely to cause the problem. If you google the mobo there is plenty of info to be found on it.

Thanks for the reply, I did try google, I don't kow what you typed as a search but I only get 3 finds. I checked the manual and I am pretty positive it's the right RAM...

When you say you didn't plug the connectors in you did plug the power/resset switch in, and correctly didn't you. If you have then try resetting the bios. if that doesn't work, then you need to plug the system speaker in so you can hear any system error beeps.

Yes, I did plug the power switch in, unfortunately my case does not have a speaker so I cannot plug that in to hear beeps. I am going to leave the clear CMOS jumper on and the battery out all night to see if that works,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back