Max Payne 2 Crash&Reboot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disturbed88

i recently moved and found my max payne games and have since got a new pc so i went on and installed them and all but when i try to play MP2 the very first comic strip finishes and the game loads all the way to the end of the bar and then my computer reboots.i tried setting it to software rendering instead of hardware but it didnt fix it, i put all settings to low but STILL didnt work.i searched all night on google but all i got was results for downloading the patch which i already have.if anyone can help me fix this it would be really good cuz im eager to play again

your graphics card cant handle the heat of hardcore X3 filtered 3d graphics.
Which means: you need to upgrade your graphics cars or use another computer.

:wave: BTW Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Don't listen to god of mana, He STILL doesn't know what the **** he is talking about. Can you give us all of the specs on the pc? To find this out go to start>run>dxdiag and hit enter. Tell us all of the information (ram, graphics card, etc.)

p4 2.6ghz, 1280mb of ram, nvidia geforce 7600gs, winxp home sp2, ausrock p4i65g motherboard

ty for welcome :)

Patch the game. If that doesn't work, upgrade your chipset drivers from the mobo manufacturer's website. Also, upgrade your video card drivers from NVIDIA's site. Let us know if these change anything.

i have already patched the game and i have the latest driver for my sound but when i last tried latest driver for my graphics it made it all screwy so i rolled it back.

In that case, it might not have rolled back the drivers properly. Try uninstalling the drivers with Driver Cleaner Pro and then install them again. By drivers, I mean the ones you're using currently.

i gave it a go but it still reboots my pc.im goin to my bros place in 2 days so i can get him to have a look.ill keep you all posted if he solves it,thanks alot for helpin me :)

Have you tried disabling some AGP features in the BIOS ? Fastwrites ? Maybe lower the speed to 4x if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back