Max Payne 2 demo download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
If you still haven't played the new Max Payne game, well this is a good opportunity. Remedy has released a 245mb demo (bittorrent) offering the first three levels of the game plus a fourth "Dead Man Walking" map that unlocks upon completition of the first three.

Unless you're on dial-up (which would make downloading a real 'Payne') I'd recommend to give this one a try, I got the full game and while I still must get some time around to finish it, it's been very enjoyable so far.

I also would recommend getting this demo, if you don't have the full game. I got the full game and I can say, it's one of the first games in a long time that I just couldn't stop playing, till I finished it.

I must be one of the few that didn't like the first Max Payne, but I can't say enough about this one. Graphics are great and game play is the best ever. I've been through it once and am on the second time around. Just as much fun the second as the first, and I can't say that for many games. The only down side to it, it's kind of short.

I do agree Olefarte that the game is sorta short, but i think the time comes into play when you try it on the hardest difficulty. You only get like 4 quicksaves so you have to do a good deal of the levels perfectly and keep moving. No more getting through a room and quicksaving. Another thing is that the enemies get a lot better... they actually hit you and each hit hurts a good deal more. I mean if you see a shotgun... RUN. So even though its short... when you get to the highest difficulty it should take some time to beat since you have to do a good deal of each level straight through without constantly quicksaving. Thats just my opinion though. You may just be some sort of Max Payne savant and blast right through it. Ya never know. :cool:

You may just be some sort of Max Payne savant and blast right through it. Ya never know.
I find this game fairly hard on the first time through. Honestly, it doesn't seem much different the second time. I'm kind of looking forward to playing with only four saves, I think it will make it a lot more realistic. I doubt I'll be blasting through it thow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back