MBO recommendation, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently ran into some problems that are causing me to have to replace my mbo. Does anyone have a particular mfg that you recommend that I use or stay away from.

Asus is good Gigabite, MSI, and there are others. What is it that u intend to do with this board?

from what i've heard Asus is going downhill. a ton of the boards they have on newegg.com have very very crappy reviews. personally, i'd stay away from them and go with something that you know is good, and won't be broken when you get it. for instance, i know of a good MSI board. but...

in order for us to suggest you a motherboard, you need to clarify on your system specs. i'm sorry to say it, but you did a very poor job filling that in. there's NO way any one of us could suggest a single board without knowing the full and accurate specs you have.

right now, i'm thinking "what the hell is Pentium 4 12" ? i've never even heard of that before.

and nickc has a good question.

do you plan on gaming, do you just need something that'll help you get buy, or are you going to do lots of video editing?

to help you, you need to help us. fill us in more and we'll get back to you with something worth your time.

Sorry about the lack of info. The only thing that I really do with with my PC is digital picture editing, DVD conversions, internet surfing. I'm not a big PC gamer.
The board that I currently have is a jetway P4MFM with a Pentium 4 1.7GHz pr0cessor. I am planning a whole new build. I will be reusing my existing optical drives and HDDs, everything else will go.
I am kinda torn between using an ECS945PL-A mbo W/Pentium 1.6 dual core processor or an ECSA77M-A mbo W/ AMD Athlon X2 2.1 GHZ processor. I don't think I need anything real elaborate. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back