MEANING "SPOOGE DRV ERROR"

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVE HP PAV 520C STOCKTRYING TO RUN DAWN OF WAR
ERROR MESSAGE READS "SPOOGE DRV ERROR" MEANING I NEED A
UPGRAGE ON VIDEO CARD? HELP MUCH NEEDED ON SELECTOF SAME?.

MANY THANKS
:confused:

First - make sure you have the latest patch for Dawn of War.
That fixed some of these spooge error messages.

Second , install the latest drivers for your card - of its ATI - got to www.ati.com, if its Nvidia - www.nvidia.com

Now try to start the game - if you get the error again then unfortunately, yes, you probably do need a new card.

This error is frequently given out when trying to run Dawn of War without a videocard capable of performing T&L (Transform and lightning), there's no away around it except buying a new card.

If you decide to upgrade, just post how much money are you willing to spend, and I'm sure there will be some good recommendations made.

But before rushing out to buy a new card, try the steps above, they might make the game work!

Back To Arcanum

Arcanum said:
First - make sure you have the latest patch for Dawn of War.
That fixed some of these spooge error messages.

Second , install the latest drivers for your card - of its ATI - got to www.ati.com, if its Nvidia - www.nvidia.com

Now try to start the game - if you get the error again then unfortunately, yes, you probably do need a new card.

This error is frequently given out when trying to run Dawn of War without a videocard capable of performing T&L (Transform and lightning), there's no away around it except buying a new card.

If you decide to upgrade, just post how much money are you willing to spend, and I'm sure there will be some good recommendations made.

But before rushing out to buy a new card, try the steps above, they might make the game work!

ARCANUM

THANKS FOR INFO DON`T HAVE SYSTEM TO PYHSICALLY CHECK BUT
SPEC SHEET STATES VIDEO GRAFICS INTERGRATED IN CHIPSET AND
THAT MEANS I DO A VIDEO CARD AND ONE THAT WILL DO THE JOB AND
MIDPRICE RANGE WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD SELECTION IN ATI BE?

OLDMANMOSES "MY FIRST SYSTEM WAS A CORVUS XT TOOK TWO
LARGE DISK ONE WITH OPER SYSTEM AND THE OTHER APPLICATION TO USE."

:zzz:

OK, since I never heard of HP Pavilion 520C, I took a quick search, that resulted in these system specs:
XP1600+ 1.40 processor, Via KM 133 Chipset, 60 GB Hard drive, CD-RW drive 12x8x32x, DVD-drive 16x, Diskette drive 1.44 MB (3.5-inch),Video graphics Integrated into Chipset, Sound/audio, AC97 Audio, Network 10/100BT Integrated on Motherboard.

I don't know how much RAM it has, but I think you meet the minimum game requirements on all but one - the intergrated videocard - it's not T&L capable as I suspected from the start.

So you will have to buy a new graphics card.
Your motherboard seems to support AGP (my current KT133 chipset does AGP 4x, so KM133 also has to), although it seems AGP 4x is the max, but that wont be a big problem.

Since you opted for ATI you can choose from the following cards depending on the money you're willing to spend:
X800GT, AGP version - about 170$
X800XL, AGP version - about 230$

I recommend x800XL, as it's really great, but if you cant go above 200$, x800GT will do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back