medalofhonorproblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

I have a big problem. I just bought medal of honor: allied assault, and I can see the opening fine and the main room fine, but as soon as I start basic training, after it's done loading, I can't see anything below the tree level. I can see silhouettes of the trees, and the colors of the sky, but everything else is dark. I can hear things fine. I've tried changing all the settings to all different choices possible, including the very lowest, and I defragmented the hard drive and gained as much memory as possible. My computer meets all the requirements, and the memory barely meets it but I'm not sure that's the problem. I installed direct X and I hace a good compliant video card. Can anyone help me out?

System specs would help us to help you troubleshoot your problem.

CPU, memory, Video Card, Operating System, etc...

I put as much info as I was aware of into my profile recently. By the way, I tested my directX and video card and my computer told me they're okay. However, there's this quick info thing that comes with the game that givers me info on the computer meeting game requirements. There was a green check next to every requirement except for memory which had a red mark. It said the game requires 128 MB of memory and I had only 126 MB. When I look at the computer's official amount of memory, it says it has 127.5 MB of memory, and labels that are on the computer says it has 128 MB of memory. SO could this be the problem? Would this tiny memory gap cause such a huge problem?

Find out for sure what your video card make is. This problem may be as simple as a driver update. SiSoft Sandra will help you determine what make your card is if you can't find it out some other way.

It sounds like a Video Card problem, Medal of Honor has some problems with older cards such as Voodoos and Earlier ATi Cards, and I suspect that you have one of these. Try and identify your graphics card and then I'm sure we can suggest something.

Your profile doesn't say what Graphics card you have, but seeing that you have a graphics problem then I'd say the problem IS with your graphics card.
Whatever it may be try to find new drivers for it.

The memory isn't anything to worry about, the "warning" is more so from a performance standpoint, certainly it would not cause you what you've been experiencing.

video card

Is this my video/graphics card?: Intel Graphics Accelerator (Video BIOS)

When I look up info on the computer, it says there's no PC card installed. I don't know if this might be a contributing problem.

If what I mentioned isn't a video/graphics card, what are the possibilities? Sorry I know so little about computers.

I noticed you said in your profile that you have 126-128 MB of memory. I would assume that this means your integrated graphics is using 2MB of system memory. I don't remember the requirements for MOA but aren't they higher than that?

requirements: 128 MB RAM, 8XCD/DVD-ROM drive, 1.2 GB free hard dsk space, 16 MB supported open GL capable video card with openGL and DirectX 8.0 compatible driver. Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeFroce3, NVIDIA GeForce2, NVIDIA GeForce 256, NVIDIA riva TNT2, NVIDIA Riva TNT, ATI Radeon, ATI Rage 128 Pro, ATI Rage 128, PowerVR3 Kyro II, or PowerVR3 Kyro

Originally posted by Joe
My Intel 82810E Graphics controller says the video memory uses 8 MB

"16 MB supported open GL capable video card with openGL and DirectX 8.0 compatible driver"

I think you have answered your own question...
You can get a cheap video card with 32mb or 64mb of memory quite cheaply, just check that you have an AGP port on your motherboard first. Otherwise you will be limited to PCI video cards.

Even if you are limited to a PCI video card, it will still be much better than the onboard graphics you have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back