Media Test help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was moving my computer around, and after I vacuumed the inside I tried booting up the computer. Upon booting up, I kept getting "Media Test Error, Check Cables." So I opened up the computer and made sure that everything was still plugged in tightly, but it still doesn't work! I just keep getting "Media Test Error, Check Cables." Could it be that the HD shorted out somehow or something?

You probably ballsed up something with that vacuum cleaner. Static electricity could have killed your memory, or anything else for that matter.
Take all cards out and leave only one stick of memory in it (if you can).
Disconnect all drives. Then put the graphics card back in and try to boot. You should be able to get into your BIOS.
If that does not work, perhaps your PC starts beeping. Make a note of the beeps, how many, how long/short etc.
If it boots, then one item at the time, continue to add more hardware to the PC and try booting after every addition.
Do a sequence of HD-1, HD-2 if there, CD or DVD rom, floppy, network-card, sound-card and whatever else. At some stage you should get an error-message (or not if all works again).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back