Medieval Total War 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installing the program was a success but when i load the game and try to play it, the first screen comes up but when the second screen comes up it shows that it's loading but it never loads. So i go in my task manager and it tells me that the program is not runing. I dont know if its my video card or what, but i know its not my system. Please help.....

I hve no clue. My brother gave me his game and it tells me the same thing but it works on his. Can it be my video card. I have a MSI geforce 4 ti4200.

Also try installing all the latest drivers and redownload Direct X etc.... even if it doesnt work its good to have all the latest software....

ok solved my own problem...downloaded the updated DIRECTX 9.0 drivers and now I can run program. Would have been nice if SEGA had a troubleshooting website, but at least I found this site. :)

problem with freezing

ok i have another problem, when I go on Medieval 2: Total War, everything works perfectly, and when I go on the grand campaign everything works perfectly too. Except, when I click on certain things, like the papal elections or marriage celebrations icon on the left, the screen goes black and the computer freezes up. Then i have to restart the comouter and the game.

ok i figured out what the problem was. i had installed the game on a laptop that couldnt handle the video messages, so when one popped up it always crashed.

since i couldnt get it to work on my laptop, i bought a dvd drive for my desktop and installed it on that. the installation worked perfectly, but when I click to play the game, it says that i have inserted the wrong disk/ havent inserted a disk at all, and then it tells me to put in the right disk. ive put in disk 1 (the right disk) and every other disk and it still doesnt work. ive tried re-installing it, and downloading the latest patch and it STILL doesnt work. any ideas?

I have it work perfectly in my laptop amd 64 1.8 dual prosessor 1.8 Ghz and 2 GB DDR2 and of course geforce 7600, but i have one problem i can't save my game in Grand Campain any ideas? Is it about windows Vista home premium

I think crossfire851 hit it. its that TI graphics card. that poor thing has been the victim of many system requirement no no's.

when i load up medieval total war everything works fine until it comes to a battle. the battles are really slow and the characters move in strobe. can any1 help me fix this because i got my system checked and everything is fine

when i load up medieval total war everything works fine until it comes to a battle. the battles are really slow and the characters move in strobe. can any1 help me fix this because i got my system checked and everything is fine

if your game is strobing:
the simplest solution would be to tweak the video settings/lower resolution
also use tashmanager to see if anything else is runing slowing down your compuer

if that dosnt help, what is your graphics card? and how much ram do you have?(ram is needed for the mass amount of units, try smaller scale battles and see if it runs smoother to manualy test for yourself)

note: i dont have trouble running this game with my nvidia 7600 gt

i have a problem too. I loaded the game properly and it works but the game doesn't fit on my screen but i don't think size is my issue because my screen is 22 in. Any suggestions to making the game fit on the screen?

if your game is strobing:
the simplest solution would be to tweak the video settings/lower resolution
also use tashmanager to see if anything else is runing slowing down your compuer

if that dosnt help, what is your graphics card? and how much ram do you have?(ram is needed for the mass amount of units, try smaller scale battles and see if it runs smoother to manualy test for yourself)

note: i dont have trouble running this game with my nvidia 7600 gt

Hi,

It seems like I got exactly the same problem - strobing at a frame rate of about 1/second. Playable, but intensely irritating. I tried setting all the graphics options to lowest to no effect, and if I try to run in compatibility mode (running Vista) it says it can't find the disc. While I have a 2GHz dual core and 2000-odd MB of RAM , I may have found the problem in that the graphics are handled by the basic Microsoft Express Chipset that came with the laptop.

How feasible/expensive is getting a new graphics card for a laptop?

saved game

hi i have this problem, i can play the campain game but when i go to save the game it will not let me do you have any solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back