Members posting there computer problems

tbrunt3

Well it is great to have so many helpful members and we get more here every day.. But I have noticed a problem people that post there computer problems either only post half of there specs or non at all and do not describe the problem what so ever and expect us to try to troubleshoot the problem which hard to do without any computer information . I personally try to help a few people out a day when I have some extra time but it is real hard when they post no specs or they do not have there computer information in there profile..

Please members if you have a problem with your computer at least have your computer information posted on your profile it helps us help you . The steps involved in troubleshooting is to get the big picture of the hole problem sometimes it is real blury without all the information..

I guess what I am saying if you want help please provide all the information it really makes things simple than asking for computer specs..

Have a good day :cool:

Good suggestion, although when most people join to post a problem, they just want it answered as quickly as possible and don't think that taking the time to fill out their specs are important. When it helps tremendously, they don't think it is worth their time.

Right here is mine. https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=136095#post136095
I don't normally post here with problems, my main partitcipation on this forums is moderating and helping. But occationally I run into something I need help with.

But I think perhaps this could be used as a decent example of describing a problem well, with all the information I have at the moment.

Also - I made a guide a while back which if somehow we could make sure everyone read we'd have a lot less problems:
How to make a post worth reading

tbrunt3 said:
I have noticed a problem people that post there computer problems either only post half of there specs or non at all and do not describe the problem what so ever and expect us to try to troubleshoot the problem which hard to do without and computer information.
A lot of people don't know what's inside their computers, or what are the specific problems.

It's like taking a car to a repair shop because 'it makes weird noises'.

Another often encountered problem is, people don't even read the title of other threads on the same page! More often than not you see two identical problems almost on top of each other. And each one expects their own solution for the same problem, that twenty others BEFORE them already had.

Come on, folks, read some more posts in the forum you look in, do a search with one or two key-words of YOUR problem. Chance is, someone already found the solution!

SNGX1275 said:
Right here is mine. https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=136095#post136095
I don't normally post here with problems, my main partitcipation on this forums is moderating and helping. But occationally I run into something I need help with.

But I think perhaps this could be used as a decent example of describing a problem well, with all the information I have at the moment.

Also - I made a guide a while back which if somehow we could make sure everyone read we'd have a lot less problems:
How to make a post worth reading
Thanks for going through the trouble of putting that together. It helps out a lot.
Rozilla

Back